Value my land please?

Polos Mum

Visit site
OP at that level I'd get your agents to also market to professional investors. A place like that would rent for £500 a month in a heartbeat (with the tenant responsible for all upkeep) which would give you £6k a year return on £65/70k investment so 9%+ return. Lots of people are looking hard for places to put their money to get a return and land is always appealing.

In fact having written that - if you don't need £65k and an ongoing income is useful to you. I'd think carefully about keeping it and renting it.
It could cover much of the cost of your livery forever and you'd still have the land at the end of it.

tda

Visit site
I'd think around £70k too, but it very much depends on tho wants it.
About 10 yrs ago we went to a local land auction, the smaller bits 1.5-2 acres went for around 25k/acre, the larger lots 15+acres went for over 10k/acres.
Penelopes pony paddock was how my dad used to describe it ?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Values have come back in excess of £65k with an expectation it will make over £70k. So quite a few of you were bang on. It’ll be on the market early March so watch this space. I’m fully expecting it’ll be very popular.

Have you thought about auctioning it, with a reserve of at least £65k? I think I might do that, or ask for sealed bids.

cblover

Visit site
We have considered auctioning and it might be the route we take eventually but for now we’ll use a land agent.

Reactions: tda

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
If not auctioning, then let them start with 'offers over', good luck.

I've said with mine, that I'll rent the complete yard out for at least a year if not 2 initially, before I decide to sell. The regular money would be handy. On chatting about it with adjacent yard renter a few days ago, he said to give him 1st refusal on either option, and he would offer a year's rental up front! ?