Value this lorry

WelshRareBit

Visit site
Please can you value my lorry? As the people who are likely to be actually looking at it - you're the best people to ask, having looked on horsemart everything seems to be at silly prices!

I bought this from another forum member not so long ago and its been fabulous.
3.5T bedford K70 diesel. 2.3litre diesel. Carries 2 x 16.2 forward facing. In lovely condition. Starts first time every time. Side ramp. Drives well and easy to manage for one person. Saddle racks/jockey door etc.

mylorry.jpg

Thanks

WelshRareBit

Visit site
Whaaaaaa!
Right, its on a D plate which if my memory serves me correctly its 85.
Its got 85K on the clock.
MOT due next Aug (again this needs verifying but it had had a new one before I bought it)
TAX due Dec but I would happily put tax on it if required.
I believe its got granulated rubber.
Floor checked before I bought it whilst in its MOT so August.

trundle

Visit site
Ooh, that's a nice lorry. Sorry, I have no idea on price, but after the events of today, i am seriously thinking about getting one !

Can I ask a stupid question about lorries - are the ramps powered, or are they just weighted so they can be put up by one person? Are the catches for the ramp at a reasonable height so that a smallish person can open them by herself?

*wants*

WelshRareBit

Visit site
Heh its not a stupid question, my lorry has springs so they kinda help wih pulling the ramp up. Pins are easily manageable by a smaller person I think! Depends on how small is small lol
You can get very swish lorries with hydraulics etc but they are BUCKS
grin.gif

kerilli

Visit site
it looks very tidy, so i'd ask what you paid for it, more or less, i guess.

re: ramp question - most ramps have very strong springs to help you raise and lower them, and these can be tightened to make it easier to put the ramp up on your own. catches are usually at comfy height, not high at all. a rope from the top of the ramp to the bottom means you can pull higher up if necessary to lower it, if you see what i mean!
elec powered ramps can be v. v. dangerous and i would never have one, having heard of a few people who have been paralysed by the ramp falling on their heads.
frown.gif
frown.gif

ecrozier

Visit site
Yep, having known a few friends buying similar, I'd ask at least £2k for it. Any older 3.5t lorry nowadays seems to be rather more pricey than you would expect, as exactly the people who can only drive them (those taking test after 1997) are generally younger and therefore have less money to spend - or at least that is the case with most people I know around my age!! So there seems to be very high demand for anything under about £5k.
If it is reliable and tidy I'd get some really good picures and stick it on for £3k ono if I were you! You can always drop the price....
Someone I know paid £3750 for an E reg LT35 last year and has been told she will get more like £5k for it now!