Valuing a horse for sale...

Visit site
Hello...
I have come to the decision to possibly sell my 15.1hh 14yr Connie x TB as I have outgrown her, but as she was my first horse bought around 10 years ago I have no idea how much horses are worth nowadays and wondered if anyone had any rough ideas for what she could be worth.

Over the past 10 years she has done Pony Club, Riding Club, XC, SJ up to around 80/90cm. She's comfortable jumping around a 70-80cm course now. She is currently being used part-time in a riding school, and is used for both RDA and abled-bodied riders. She is a very patient mare with a kind temperament and goes from doing XC with myself on Saturday to then being used for RDA lessons on the Sunday. She is a calm and kind horse, both on the ground and ridden.
She's excellent to hack out/load/shoe/clip, great for the dentists and vet. Absolutely 0 vices. For SJ/XC she prefers a confident rider for higher jumps as she excels the most with this but can easily pop a course with a beginner/novice at lower heights. Overall a very healthy and fit horse, excellent temperament and an all-rounder. Dressage is not her favourite but with an experienced rider she can go into a lovely frame and work well.

As we bought her years ago I have absolutely no idea what she could be worth so any rough estimates would be greatly appreciated :)

WispyBegs

Visit site
It’s hard to value a horse on description alone.
However, for the type of horse you describe, in the current market I would expect to pay around £6000 upwards.
There is no shortage of people looking for the type of horse you describe, so I pretty much think you could name your price!

Green Bean

Visit site
I would say, based on age and not having a competition record (I assume not as you haven't stated it, just that she can jump), £4.5k. But then that is based on the pre-crazy pricing jump we have seen in the last year. You probably could get £6k for her in the current market.

Winters100

Visit site
Sounds lovely. No idea about value in the UK market, but I think she will be snapped up and you will have your pick of homes. Maybe worth posting your approximate location? I am sure that there are people here who would love to take a look.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
If she can babysit a novice, and is nice to be around, no vet history etc you could probably put her up at £8k or thereabouts. The current prices are crazy!

Wishfilly

Visit site
If she would toddle round prelims and novices dressage happily I would have said that but I think the lack of easy flat work does devalue her .

I agree with this, and also based on her age. I think £6-7k is reasonable, and she will sell quickly at that sort of price.

She does sound like a lovely horse with lots of excellent attributes, but I think a lot of the sort of owners she will appeal to would like a horse that would easily go out and do dressage too! It might also be an issue for someone looking to do e.g. BE80, which it sounds like she might be capable of.

paddi22

Visit site
7k minimum , she sounds like she'd give years a pleasure to someone and has a good allrounder track record.