Valuing

Whoopit

Visit site
Howdy,

Roughly what is the valuation of property? This property isn’t for sale - I’m trying to convince the owner he wants to sell it to me out of the 50 acres he has and does nothing with!

No property, on green belt with little to no chance of getting a dewelling passed, which I’d be fine with.

L shaped stable block - 5 stables. Really needs knocking down and building again as looking desperately tired. Has electricity and water.

Outdoor arena - needs digging out and base and surface doing as it’s like concrete.

13 acres of useable grazing. Not the best, not the poorest, the horses on it manage fine all year round. All needs topping and spraying as has never been done since the start of time.

The whole yard floods in winter although stables stay dry, ALL the fencing needs replacing, all the weeds need eradicating.

All that said, it’s in a prestigious postcode for the area, although no chance of getting planning permission. Again, I’m alright with that.

I’m guessing a value of around £150,000 - £200,000 as it has facilities but no residential property if it got as far as getting him to consider selling?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Howdy,

Roughly what is the valuation of property? This property isn’t for sale - I’m trying to convince the owner he wants to sell it to me out of the 50 acres he has and does nothing with!

No property, on green belt with little to no chance of getting a dewelling passed, which I’d be fine with.

L shaped stable block - 5 stables. Really needs knocking down and building again as looking desperately tired. Has electricity and water.

Outdoor arena - needs digging out and base and surface doing as it’s like concrete.

13 acres of useable grazing. Not the best, not the poorest, the horses on it manage fine all year round. All needs topping and spraying as has never been done since the start of time.

The whole yard floods in winter although stables stay dry, ALL the fencing needs replacing, all the weeds need eradicating.

All that said, it’s in a prestigious postcode for the area, although no chance of getting planning permission. Again, I’m alright with that.

I’m guessing a value of around £150,000 - £200,000 as it has facilities but no residential property if it got as far as getting him to consider selling?

If it is in Scotland you have over valued. If near London under.

That said, if he doesn't want to sell, it is a moot point!

We have had people want to buy a bit of our field. As it is not for sale, it would have to be a life changing amount of money for me to consider it. So, it isn't so much what the property is worth, it is what it is worth TO HIM.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I think your estimate is probably about right (although you don’t say what part of the country you’re in).

Around here (west wales) it’s about £8-10k an acre.

Whoopit

Visit site
I’m on the border of the Pennines, so up north.

He doesn’t want to sell as he’s spent years trying to planning for properties and cabins and all sorts. I think he still firmly believes that he’ll get planning and make millions on selling for property development but he won’t. The best he’s been granted is for an agricultural barn but that won’t ever get converted to residential building as there’s a handful of houses already there and council still won’t grant planning for further residences.

oldie48

Visit site
Less than 2 acres near to where I live in south Worcs is for sale with a price guide of £30K. Agricultural land with no buildings and not in an area where you would get planning for a house. The world has gone mad!

MissMoo

Visit site
As already mentioned, it is hard to give even a rough guide price as there are so many variables to consider and prices fluctuate greatly between areas, you may find a chat with a local estate agent who deals with land sales would be beneficial. When I worked in estate agency we would often get people calling for a rough idea of price on plots of grazing land, land with possible development potential etc. Knowing the area meant we could give a guide price. However, as previously said, at the end of the day it is what it is worth to him that is important.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Less than 2 acres near to where I live in south Worcs is for sale with a price guide of £30K. Agricultural land with no buildings and not in an area where you would get planning for a house. The world has gone mad!
Whereas the plot adjacent to mine, 4 stables on 2 acres with very ropey old fencing went for just under 300k last autumn. Absolutely no chance of any planning for resi use.

OP, maybe he might sell if you agreed to an uplift on it.....he would be quids in if you did it up and sold on.....

nagblagger

Visit site
WOW that's cheap..here in Dorse,t land for sale, no facilities on road riding to get anywhere:
7.46 acres no buildings £130,000 (but by informal tender)
15.31 acres, no buildings £380,000

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I’m roughly in your area. Ten years ago an estate agent told us £15k for the first acre and £10k per subsequent acre. But things have gone crazy at some local auctions, and things can go for much more.

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
Equestrian plots seem to be at least double agricultural plots around here, my guesstimate is £250,000 to £300,000.

Eight/nine years ago 6 acres with road frontage, no facilities or fencing, and zilch chance of planning was valued at £140,000. The same farm there was 12 acres with no road frontage, only a gate off a dirt track, no fencing but water was £80,000.

Prices have only gone up since.

mariew

Visit site
15-30k an acre here. We have a 7-8 acre field here with a barn with no planning available for 400k. It's overpriced mind as it's not selling.

You might be wrong about not being able to get planning for a house, where I was in greenbelt Essex, plenty of yards ended up as housing developments in the last few years due to whatever law change made it easier about 10 years or so ago. So being on greenbelt doesn't automatically mean no planning for disused stables/farm buildings.