Van conversion bulkhead question

Daisy1905

Visit site
I have been comparing different specs of van horsebox conversions and noticed that there are different ways of getting the bulkhead reinfirced. Which one would you prefer and why? I am unsure how they are different :confused:

1.Bulkhead is reinforced with lightweight steel and then covered with a panel and eva rubber.

2. Bulkhead maufactured from 11mm GRP and reinforced with steel box section

3. Box section steel frame, covered with 14mm GRP panel, GRP bonded to ply

4. Steel bulkhead fitted if van does not have one, reinforced with two steel section cross members welded to the inner side

pairciban

Visit site
For safety you want a full steel bulkhead, then put rubber mat over it to pad it. No cheap botch job because if the worst happens you want your horse to stay where he's ment to be not on top of you!

spuds

New User
Visit site
Crazy, Im looking to convert myself, Know what i want, can you buy ramp doors, bulkhead of the shelf ? any websites or youtube links? on diy.I cant find any. Might even do a time motion video on the project so people can see behind the covered up stuff. Any Suppliers or any ideas most welcome.
Thank you.
Spuds

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
My new box had a bulkhead that was tested at a transport lab I think, it is a Bloomfields, and there are photos of the reinforcement on http://bloomfields.co/

It also says that they are tested to 4 X the legal requirement, which would lead me to believe there must be a legal requirement?