Vechta

Eothain

Visit site
I'm very saddened to hear about the loss of Will Funnel's multi winning stallion Vechta. He didn't stand very long in Ireland but hopefully it will have been long enough to make a real difference in sport horse breeding. Already Billy Congo and Billy Bianca are getting good results for him. I think I'm quite fortunate to have a mare in foal to him

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
Sad day.

Why is it that the death of stallions is so rarely publicised (it seems to me - perhaps I just don't have my finger on the pulse)? I found out a few months ago that Louella Inchhallah III had died and could find no detail when I searched the web, even on the Louella website.

wigum

Visit site
Very sad news he was great addition to the roster in Drumahowan. I wonder did they have any semen frozen.

Its been bad couple of weeks for breeders in ireland with the death of french buffet aswell.

lucydelaroche

Visit site
Sad news :(

He definitely had semen frozen though, as I bought a dose earlier this year - have it in my flask & didn't really have a plan for it, was just going to be something to sit on for a while.
I will now have to think VERY carefully about how, when & on what to use it!

delamere

New User
Visit site
I spoke with the stud this morning and they only did chilled and natural for Vechta, he died quiet suddenly by all accounts. We had a crusing mare covered by him this year and she is due in March.We had to send her over from the UK to be covered as they could'nt send semen to the UK.
He was a fine horse and will now be missed, but I am sure he has lots of young potential coming through.

Here is a small clip of the master from April this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl4jnUZg974

gadetra

Visit site
Is French Buffet gone as well? Damn. When/how did this happen? I was thinkin of using him. It was a toss up between him and Golden Master.
It is really sad to see Vechta gone. It is great to see stallions of his calibre standing in Ireland, even if it is for only a few seasons.