Vegas is home!!

Nats_uk

Visit site
Well after a bit of drama involving a failed strangles blood test and being forced to get her scoped we (Mum and I) got the all clear from the vets Friday night. After some hurried phone calls Vegas arrived yesterday afternoon. Didn't ride yesterday as wanted her to settle and she was being wormed.

Came down bright and early this morning to find a very relaxed Vegas munching on her haylege. Tacked up and went in the school - she grew to about 18hh and eyes were on stalks. We had a few bucks and leaps around until she realised that she could actually listen to my leg and accept a contact ;)

Doing her best giraffe impression:
P1000407.jpg

Settling down:
P1000415.jpg

Canter is fun!!:
P1000428.jpg

Once she had settled we took her in the other school and popped her over a couple of fences which she jumped like a pro:
P1000429.jpg

I then took her up the lane for walk off and let her munch on some grass - she was much more chilled at this point and although she was looking at everything the tension had gone. A hose down and groom off (and a few treats) and then back in her stable for some more haylege :D
P1000433.jpg

She seems to have such a willing attitude (especially for a mare) and am hoping with some schooling she will be a lovely little SJ'er (and I may even dable in the odd ODE!!)

And just coz she is so pretty!!
P1000432.jpg

Last edited:

nikkimariet

Visit site
She's very pretty, nice pop to her as well by the looks of it :)

Not jealous about the amount of white on her though ;)

Nats_uk

Visit site
She's very pretty, nice pop to her as well by the looks of it :)

Not jealous about the amount of white on her though ;)

Thanks :) Had to bathe off the stable stains already this morning. I always said I wouldn't get a coloured if it had a lot of white on it and just look at her;)

Nats_uk

Visit site
She's cute! How is she bred?

You'll note from my siggy that I also have one with waaaay too much white on her!

Her sire is Unbelieveable Darco and her dam is by Mars

I can't believe how dirty they get so quickly - she is in season too so squirting at everything currently:rolleyes:

Nats_uk

Visit site
Lovely girl. Look forward to following her progress.

Thanks - we be posting the good and bad (hopefully not too much of the latter!!)

She's lovely!! Got a lovely jump, to. Good luck with her!

She has loads of scope - just needs some more schooling first to keep her straight (and I need some refresher course or something I think lol ;))

Lucky you she looks a lovely mare :D

Don't even talk to me about horses with loads of white!

She's lovely :D

Thanks - will be buying shares in shampoo and chalk I think.:rolleyes:

She's gorgeous, looks like she's got bags of potential...I'm rather jealous about how much fun you're going to have with her :p

Thank you. She is good fun and has a really nice attitude (especially for a mare - although I have already experienced her stubborn streak!)

She seems to have a really nice attitude, I was wondering how you were getting on.

Love that last photo!

Very pretty girl :D

We went to Ingatestone Sunday morning and I persuaded Mum to buy her some bling - it looks so pretty on her:D