Vehicle Trackers - STOP THE THEIVES!

fjudge

Visit site
If you have a farm and have lots of tractors, etc.. or even just a horse lorry or trailer. Why not get a vehicle tracker. That way...you will know when your lorry is being stolen and you can get to it asap. Also, when you come to sell your vehicles, they will probably be of slightly more value, and possibly even easier to ensure? Im not sure about that one for definate, but its worth finding out!

This place does vehicle trackers, so email or phone them to find out more.

m-Power Mobile Solutions

We are getting a tracker on our lorry. We have one for the car as well!

the watcher

Visit site
Or alternatively find an old mobile phone that will hold a charge for a few days to leave hidden in your lorry or trailer and signing it up to one of the phone tracking sites - much cheaper (also handy for tracking your offspring when they go walkabout

fjudge

Visit site
Thats is great...until they find it and chuck it! Then the mobile phone is being tracked, while the lorry or whatever has been stolen is happily driving off!

Also, its not cheaper and it works in a diferent way. Mobile phone trackers work in a triangular way. (Im not technical so dont ask me questions) but i know because my mum asked about that when we got one for the car.

the watcher

Visit site
Well yes, you have to hide it..but it only needs to stay hidden for the first 4-8 hours so you can track where it went.
Costs; old PAYG mobile, buy 20 units from Follow Us or similar, you only use up the units when you actually do a track so this small initial outlay could last years

way cheaper than any commercial tracking system.

If you have a decent lorry don't you think they will look for the tracking equipment on that too?

fjudge

Visit site
I dont think they are going to look too hard when trying to steal, but yes, any sensible theif (ha!) would probably do a quick check. But where can you hide a mobile in a trailer, jcb, etc... its easy in a lorry to hide something, but not in other vehicles.

fjudge

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
it was found a couple of miles away outside Toys R Us, probably sums up their mentality!

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha true!!
grin.gif
But why would they take it, then leave it?! Idiots!

Was it a tracker or a mobile phone tracker?