Venues in Hertfordshire?

Clofox

Visit site
When i say venues i don't mean to compete i mean more in the way of places we can visit:) Like Hacking routes, XC courses ect.
We are looking to head to Epping Forest and Courses Farm XC in St.Albans this summer and was wondering if any of you know any other places we can visit?
Preferably in the Hertfordshire area.
Thank you:)

coffeeandabagel

Visit site
Look on the BHS East page and see under Park and Ride schemes. You park your lorry / trailer at a venue, donate to their good cause and take a map of a good local ride. There are rides from Lilley nr Hitchin and No Mans Land near Wheathampstead,(it includes Heartwood Forest in Sandridge ) both of which I have done and loved and one at Braughing which I havent done yet. Even when I have gone alone I have always managed to team up with other people and had a fab ride and a good chat!

Each ride happens on a particular Sunday of the month - every month. If you do go let me know and if my boy is fit enough or more likely if i can borrow a horse I will come and meet you.

Last edited:

Clofox

Visit site
Look on the BHS East page and see under Park and Ride schemes. You park your lorry / trailer at a venue, donate to their good cause and take a map of a good local ride. There are rides from Lilley nr Hitchin and No Mans Land near Wheathampstead,(it includes Heartwood Forest in Sandridge ) both of which I have done and loved and one at Braughing which I havent done yet. Even when I have gone alone I have always managed to team up with other people and had a fab ride and a good chat!

Each ride happens on a particular Sunday of the month - every month. If you do go let me know and if my boy is fit enough or more likely if i can borrow a horse I will come and meet you.

I will have a look a will most defentily let you know!
I couldn't help but notice you live in Welwyn! so close to me, in fact its where my auntie lives, so i'm there quite a lot!
It will be my first EVER outing since taking up riding years ago:eek: and my first with my girl, but i'm so excited and nervous and cannot wait for summer!:D:eek:

Molasses

Visit site
Count me in as i'm nearby too:D:D
Heartwood is lovely for hacking and there's parking at both ends
Broxbourne woods is also super for hacking but harder to find parking that way (ps if anyones found horsebox parking there please pm me!)

Molasses

Visit site
Looks like we could have a Herts H&H meet up!
Will have a look now, have always fancied the RAF course!

I'm up for that:D
Anyone want to join me at RAF Halton this year, last year did it by myself last year and had a ball, but it's more fun in a group:D

Bigbenji

Visit site
Does anyone want to be my hacking buddy?

Mine is only a bubba and entire but we are hacking out in company with my friends elderly horse at the moment and have manners ;)

I'm near Kings Langley/St Albans and have transport to go adventuring.

amycamycamyc

Visit site
i'm sure they're still going - you can email Dawn and she'll confirm. I've done the Lilley one twice, didn't meet any other park and ride-ers either time, we just went on our own but it was fine. Second time we just went on a random sunday as far as I remember, the lady there doesn't mind as long as you tell her you're going. fab ride, beautiful views!