Very proud of myself first solo hack

webble

Visit site
Merrymoo became a real madam to hack on her own last year she would plant spin rear spook and generally just fling herself about and really scared me.

Well today I had no one to ride with so decided to be brave. We walked down to the village green where there is a triangle so we weren't turning for home and back again. Its only about half a mile there and back but I am so proud :)

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Well done - I have a mare who is the same, although she improved dramatically last year before having four months off again! Good luck with the progress - keep up the confidence. :)

skint1

Visit site
Congratulations! I find post likes this really inspiring so keep it up! :)

I am working toward the same thing with my girl too, you're a lot more far forward than us, we just go "round the block" or the "wussy hack" in that we just ride round the outskirts of the farm, takes less than 20 mins, she was only the tiniest bit naughty last time out, she kept stopping and reversed a couple of times and then danced all the way round but I hope to get past it

webble

Visit site
Congratulations! I find post likes this really inspiring so keep it up! :)

I am working toward the same thing with my girl too, you're a lot more far forward than us, we just go "round the block" or the "wussy hack" in that we just ride round the outskirts of the farm, takes less than 20 mins, she was only the tiniest bit naughty last time out, she kept stopping and reversed a couple of times and then danced all the way round but I hope to get past it

Thanks. It was reading other peoples posts on here that gave me the kick up the backside to do it :)

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Well done you, it may feel like a small triumph distance wise but its great, i always think even if you can go on a very short route and do it solo and calmly its still a great thing to be proud of, helps build the confidence.
I too managed another solo hack on Nell this morning, she was napping at first (nothing dreadful mind, she just planted and would not walk on) so I had to get off and walk her for a bit but once I hopped back on she was a complete poppet. I do love solo hacking :D
Good luck with yours and I hope it continues to go wel :)l

TrasaM

Visit site
Well done from another rider who also did her First Ever solo ride yesterday and followed through by repeating it again today :D:D:cool:

The cob I share, fondly referred to on posts in HHO posts as ASBO, has had time off due to stifles and SI problems. There have also been behavioural issues when his owner rides him plus loads of negative advice from those who know it all:mad: so yesterday I decided to do something positive for her and ASBO and I donned my brave pants and walked and trotted him for about 20 mins on the road. I had to wrestle him off some shrubbery before i managed to climb up using a neighbours wall ; they dont half know when to show you up! wonder if they noticed :eek:
I'm used to group hacks but never rode solo before but decided to test just how much trust he has in me. Pleased to report that he was a little star and didn't object once to being alone either. We plan to do a bit more every day to build up his fitness and courage. :D

Edit to add.. I mean My courage really :)

Last edited:

Nickijem

Visit site
Well done you solo hackers! I did my first solo hack in 6 months a few weeks ago. I am determined to keep going out on my own this year as I know our confidence will improve.
Keep it up and good luck!

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
High five to you! I'd love to hack alone with my mare but it's not worth my life... I hope I can manage one day as you have done. Am hoping to get my mum's gelding hacking out alone instead.

It's a pain in the bum having a horse that won't go alone and nobody to ride with! Really chuffed for you. Well done for giving it a go. :)