Very sad advert

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Ok, who do we know in Lancaster M6 Ju 33.

I'm happy to stump up the money - if someone can give her a forever home.

undertheweather

Visit site
You're talking about the fresian filly?
It is normal to wean at 6 months. It is also normal for a foal to have some of what the mare is eating too.

Am I missing something???

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
'Bob' has a lot of adverts on there, many are also known under 'Dave' too, both operating from the same place & same phone number..........
'Richard' also shares the same phone number........

meesha

Visit site
Poor thing, wish I hadnt looked as I just want to go and collect her (you would prob have to restrain me from telling owner what i thought though - after poor girl safely in trailer!). I am too far away to be of much help but would be happy to make a small donation if needed !. Out of interest do you think there is any reason that filly will have problems long term ?

gracey

Visit site
:( I so wish i could take on a horse right now, she is going to be stunning in the right hands, i love her eye!

amy that is so kind of you.. i hope someone on here gets her x

mjcssjw2

Visit site
oh dear, in summary a rather straggly looking thing don't look if you want to keep your money! worryingly I am not that far away !!

Goldenstar

Visit site
It's not really sad she has a good chance of being bought by someone who drives as a store for the future .

Oddjob's Wife

Visit site
Trouble is if someone did go to pick her up, how many more looking like her would there be? Poor girl. As with all other comments, hope she finds a good home

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Trouble is if someone did go to pick her up, how many more looking like her would there be?

I always think that is a strange thing to say with regards to animals. It makes sense for inanimate objects, ie 'if you keep buying rubbish they will keep making rubbish' but for animals if you dont buy a suffering animal just because they might have another suffering animal doesnt stop the poor thing you wont buy from having to live in a state.

I'm not having a go or anything, just feel sad for her and not buying her just to spite the dealer seems more likely to spite the poor little filly.

I would buy her if i could.

Crazydancer

Visit site
*sits on hands*
I just don't have the time for another one, my hands are full already, but wish I did.
Think she'll be lovely with the right home, hope she finds it.

sbennison

Visit site
Poor Girl, Just to help i dont have the funds to buy her but i have land & stables and if someone was to buy her she could come straight to me to a loving home. Pm me if help needed xx

Oddjob's Wife

Visit site
"I always think that is a strange thing to say with regards to animals. It makes sense for inanimate objects, ie 'if you keep buying rubbish they will keep making rubbish' but for animals if you dont buy a suffering animal just because they might have another suffering animal doesnt stop the poor thing you wont buy from having to live in a state."

This isn't quite what I meant, PMP :eek:. I agree with you totally and I guess I was just thinking that if it was me who was able to go and pick her up, I would get myself into a heap of problems in that how would I leave the others behind.......

HappyHorses:)

Visit site
Be better off reporting the state of the filly to whw.
The trouble is these two a penny breeders know that some sucker (the likes of you and I) will feel sorry and buy them. Sorry to sound harsh :(

Mongoose11

Visit site
Trouble is if someone did go to pick her up, how many more looking like her would there be? Poor girl. As with all other comments, hope she finds a good home

Look up the story of the star fish for some inspiration - it helps when you feel like you can't make a difference. I know what you mean though, we would turn up and hate to leave the others, but if people let that stop them none of them would get 'rescued' :(

http://www.ordinarypeoplechangetheworld.com/articles/the-starfish-story.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosehip

Visit site
You're talking about the fresian filly?
It is normal to wean at 6 months. It is also normal for a foal to have some of what the mare is eating too.

Am I missing something???

You are Im afraid!!
If you look at the advert properly you will see that she is now 6months, and has been weaned for 4 weeks...therefore weaned at 5months. If she has had any corn (and Id hazard an educated guess the same applies for her mother who is no doubt in foal again) then Im a size 6 and ride like Carl Hester!

That filly will barely have seen hay never mind corn, and is likely to have a hellish worm burden. Its disgraceful that people are churning out ponies like this, and - dare I say it - possibly keeping them 'lean' to tug on the heartstrings of those who actually do give a damn about their animals.

pookie

Visit site
I dread to look but as others have suggested can we not chip in together? Someones offered space, someone must be able to collect and I'd happily donate some money. How much are they asking?

Then we report to whw

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
This isn't quite what I meant, PMP :eek:. I agree with you totally and I guess I was just thinking that if it was me who was able to go and pick her up, I would get myself into a heap of problems in that how would I leave the others behind.......

Oh my mistake, sorry. I wasnt having a go at you, just offering my musing on the subject of what I thought you meant - the real meaning i agree with, i too would come home with a trailer full!!

Fools Motto

Visit site
The thing that strikes me more, is that filly doesn't look 6 months. She looks like a very poor yearling. I can't put my finger on it, but she doesn't look 'foaly' at all!!
Just hope that someone nice and kind can care for this poor soul.

Mongoose11

Visit site
Poor Girl, Just to help i dont have the funds to buy her but i have land & stables and if someone was to buy her she could come straight to me to a loving home. Pm me if help needed xx

I would be willing to put money in the pot if you are serious! AmyMay what do you say?