VERY self indulgent post - apologies!!

S_N

Visit site
I just cannot believe that I bred Hector! Whilst he was eating his grub this pm in the stable, I attacked him with a hairbrush (all over the body, fluffs up the coat, without removing any of the grubbiness that keeps him warm - I have a thing about prevent rainscald), anyway, I took a step back and had a good look at him and if I never do anything right in my life, I know that sending B to Kings Composer last year was a GRAND decision. He is just gorgeous!! I know I sound like an obsessive, proud and biased breeder, but I can only fault him in one area and to do so is being hyper critical!! He has all the right angles, lovely length of rein, fab feet, is correct blah, blah!! I just can't believe that I, as in ME, is solely responsible for him being here!! I mean I know that B cooked and produced him, but little 'ole me, sent her to KC. I really do hope I can find the best home for him, one where he will be given every opportunity to excel in whatever he is good at - which could be any of the 3 main disciplines. Wish I could afford to send him to someone to produce and compete - WHERE is that lottery win when you need it!!

I fully expect to patted on the head and gently guided back to my corner for the above, so thanks for listening/reading!!

sunny123

Visit site
He sounds gorgeous! Nothing wrong with admiring your own horsey especially if you bred him. King's Composer does look nice aswell, just had a look for him on the internet.

S_N

Visit site
Thanks Audrey! I'd love to keep him, but I want a competitive person to take him to places I will never be able to!

S_N

Visit site
He's edible
grin.gif

The pics of King on the website don't really do him justice! he is stunner in the flesh!! Ask MFH_09

Enfys

Visit site
Everyone deserves a pat on the back sometimes, and from the sound of it you should be pleased with yourself.
smile.gif
Lets hope he goes on to do great things.

Zebedee

Visit site
That's a wonderful feeling to have Iz. Treasure it & enjoy it. I always feel like hanging a notice on my homebreds - 'All my own work!'
I think we all wish the same thing for our foals that we do for our children. That they have long healthy & happy lives, even if they don't become superstars! My plans for Oliver included the Hickstead Derby, Holly will at some stage in her career will win Badminton, & Brain is destined to be champion show hack!! It's highly unlikely that they'll ever achieve any of it (although Brian...........), but they are all good tempered, & easy to do - just like Hector, & that in itself is an achievement.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Post a picture. I've got a Hector too (in my avatar).

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ask me what made me call him Hector -I blurted it out when he was a few mins old!

This is the monster

foalslip0002.jpg

16-05-060009.jpg

playing013.jpg

Oct15th008.jpg

S_N

Visit site
He's 8 months old and ready to wean - he can go whenever the right person comes along! I am waiting for the new stables to be finished (well they are, just waiting for access to be finished), then I will have somewhere safe to wean.

You looking for a youngster SJ? Having seen you ride first hand and spoken at length with you Mum, you are the kind of person I would LOVE to take him on. Not nec. a hint - just fact!!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Would love to take him on but just haven't got the facilities for a baby or even to break them. However if you find you have still got him a few years you never know or if you want him produced I would certainly produce him for you at cost price.

I think he is really smart though and will sell well and easily. I am not a great King fan but he is a very popular stallion and his off spring seem to be very popular.

Is the mare in foal again?

S_N

Visit site
Aww thanks. Hector was the eldest son of the King of Troy, he was killed by Achilles (sp?) As my mare's name (well one of her names) is Meant To Be and H is by Kings Composer, I was gonna call him Meant To Be King, but than thought that it maybe had too many ghosts and ghouls to go with it, so didn't. As the Hector of legend never got to be King, but he was meant to be.......

Enfys

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thankies hunny!! How's the horse collecting going?
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't! In foal arab arrives Saturday. But.........I DO have a 4y.o QH for sale.

Hector is SO handsome, no wonder you go all gooey over him at times.
smile.gif
How big is he now?

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
He's edible
grin.gif

The pics of King on the website don't really do him justice! he is stunner in the flesh!! Ask MFH_09

[/ QUOTE ]

Can fully back up that statement!!
grin.gif
King is just edible for want of a word! He is all horse without being over the top; nothing exaggerated or poor quality about any bone or hair on his body. Having seen a few quality stallions in my time, I can honestly say he gives you a real buzz just to look at him; it's almost like being privilaged to be with him which sounds really corny but how I felt with him; he's a delightful person too which all adds to the magic I think.

If I can work out the finances I am going to put my money where my mouth is and send a certain someone to him next year, just wish he wasn't so far away!

And SN, H is just about as perfect as you could get; gives you a big rosy glow doesn't it, I feel the same about Dotty!! We must be two love struck mothers! LOL!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

S_N

Visit site
Thank you for that!! I will definitely bear that in mind!! I know you aren't a King fan - you and your Mum told me shy when we were talking about potential future hubbies for Sarnie
wink.gif
smirk.gif
smirk.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
I totally understand your reasons!!

No, she's not infoal again, partly my fault, but mainly the freakin' VETS fault! I haven't decided if I am gonna breed from her again next year - I might be riding her in a year with luck!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Don't! In foal arab arrives Saturday. But.........I DO have a 4y.o QH for sale.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!!! Is this the little mare that is related to your old chappy that had to be PTS? Yeah RIGHT your gonna sell the QH - you'll probably do a trade with Tia!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Hector is SO handsome, no wonder you go all gooey over him at times.
smile.gif
How big is he now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you hun - he's a good 14hh atm
ooo.gif
I'm gonna stop feeding him I think!!

S_N

Visit site
OOOooooooo It won't be a Twiglet, but a Kwiglet
grin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif