VERY self indulgent post - apologies!!

S_N

Visit site
LOL - She is stunning!! You know how much I like her!!! She really is a beaut - what a bout Ringo for her?

If H had been a girlie, he wouldn't have been going anywhere!!!

S_N

Visit site
Ahhhhhh I seeeeeeee your cunning plan - to swap H for C ehhhh - you think I won't notice? HmmmMMmmmmmm??
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

S_N

Visit site
It's been a dream come true for me! I've worked with so many youngsters and babies that belong to other people, to actually have my own, is just WOW!!!!

I don't think it's hard work, as I'm passionate about it all - the whole process is just so exciting and then the end result is just FAB.

vic07

Visit site
What do you reckon he will look like mature?
What type? - Can you predict this accurately?

I find breeding has been utterly fascinating, very expensive and great fun! Sorry for questions but i find foal to full grow so amazing!

Enfys

Visit site
LMAO!!! Is this the little mare that is related to your old chappy that had to be PTS? Yeah RIGHT your gonna sell the QH - you'll probably do a trade with Tia!!!

She's from the same Ansata lines as Ali, if she were white rather than bay she'd look like him too, oddly enough she's got HUGE nostrils though like my old Crabbet mare. Best of both worlds
smile.gif
Heaven knows what foalie will be like, she's still running with the stallion a palomino welshie looking chap about 13h! Any guesses?
confused.gif
Mind, I'd rather have Ali back any day
frown.gif

oh nooooooo! The QH is GOING, we have a personality conflict thing going on. She's got a lot going for her, just not with me, best to find her a nice teenager to have fun with.

S_N

Visit site
Awwww I know - I'd give anything for Tops to still be here!!

LOL at personality conflict - that's quite an accomplishment with a QH!! mind you, you either REALLY like em or you don't! IMO and experience anyway!

S_N

Visit site
Can I predict accurately?? Hell no!! Can anyone? I can have a darned good guess though!! The thing is, they've got to WANT to do it, so IMO that needs to be nutured from an early age! They can have all the talent in the world, but with the wrong attitude, which can be bred or learned behaviour, you ain't going places!!

I think he will look like this though

h_supreme.jpg

mainpic.home.jpg

ksoloman_sj_sml.jpg

Enfys

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Awwww I know - I'd give anything for Tops to still be here!!

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I know.
frown.gif

The mare doesn't have a personality....AT ALL! It's a walking belly.

Gingernags

Visit site
I think you can deffo be proud of him and what he's turning out to be.

Strange to think that 14 years ago Asti was the same sort of age - I decided that at 14.2 her mum wasn't going to be big enough for me and my sister wanted her, so I bred a replacement for me!

The stallion, I was working at the stud as a holiday job between uni terms, is a grey TB called Alfie Dickens, and he is just the biggest, soppiest boy you'll ever see! We used to train the YTS students all aspects of boots, bandages and tacking up and rugging - on him - he loved the attention.

He is also a total stunner, very very araby and pretty for a TB, quite short and upright whereas the pony looked like a mini TB but was long and low. Still can't figure out how a 3/4TB can be as round as the spacehopper mind. Will have to scan some baby photos as she was just so gorgeous back then.

I am very proud though to think how well she's turned out. She's fab with kids competing wise, she's a quirky monster for me to ride - but always fun, and such a loving horse. And she has taken to every discipline (well, except polo - we've never tried that) or will have if I ever complete breaking her to harness.

For a homebred pony that was going to be a hackabout for me, she has done really well at showing, she's a brilliant working hunter pony and qualified first effort for the BSPS champs. She is a cracking little eventer - loves cross country, good at dressage, suddenly decided last year she can be a showjumper too - happily bouncing round open horse courses! She qualified 1st time out for the PC champs too, and did all 3 teams in one weekend - dressage, eventing and SJ!

And now she's happily taking on teaching dopey old mum new tricks (dressage) and flying round 32k endurance rides without a seconds thought.

I have been immensely priviliged to have such a fantastic little mare, I love her to bits, she's just so damn honest and will try anything, and she has done more than I ever thought possible. To be quite honest, had we really got serious about the showing and had a rider like Frankie who did the champs for us - that pony would have done HOYS easily.

I'll never have another horse like her, but if I find the right stallion next year and can breed a horse that is even half of what she is, I'll still be very lucky.

If you really wanted to keep him Iz, you wouldn't be doing him any disservice at all - there is nothing to stop you keeping him and bringing him on and getting all the groundwork in and see where it takes you. Who is to say you couldn't compete yourself and maybe have someone who will do higher levels if you aren't comfortable doing that?

I think (might be wrong) that you are younger than me - but there is nothing to stop you having a go at Riding Club stuff and having a go yourself. Its really been fun doing the things I've always wanted to and I'm looking forward to finishing my dressage league and doing some pleasure rides in spring, before she goes to make a nice baby Asti for me.

You can do whatever you want to honey!

J x

S_N

Visit site
Ooooo J, just seen your responce!!! Your girlie is just such a credit to you! She's a super looking lady and will make a fantabulous Mummy!!! I still think that she would make the most fantastic baby with Treliver Decanter!!!!! Might get a pally tooooooo!!

Awwww thankies hun - I know that they don't have ambition, but I do so want him to do well! Though I am rather tempted to keep him and show him inhand next year at least..... I just need to get paid or win the lottery!