Very tough decision

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
I think you are wonderful to do this for a horse that has been so good for you in the past. Unfortunately not all owners are that selfless, although I know it must be very hard.

Remember all the wonderful times that you had and laugh at all the bad ones (as we do when they are past) and I am sure that she will always love you for your kindness.

<<<hugs>>>

Theresa_F

Visit site
A hard decision, but the right one.

I hate loosing my animals, I am still nursing my 27 year old cat, but the minute she is not able to walk, then I am going to have to make the dreaded decision.

You have done the best for your pony, and having grown up with her, it must be heart breaking.

She sounds as if she is starting to deteriorate and far better for her to go now whilst she is not too bad than be left to hang on until she is miserable.

Sending you a virtual hug.

Kelly1982

Visit site
What a horrible decision to make
frown.gif
She sounds like a cracking little pony.

You know her better than anyone else though and if you feel the time is right then then its obvioulsy the best thing for her.

I think your a very brave & caring owner not to let her suffer on through another winter.

riotgirl

Visit site
Horrid thing to have to do , but you know in your heart you have made the right decision. It is the hardest thing in the world to be a responsible owner!

vivhewe

Visit site
Oh that's so sad, I know exactly how you feel - I went through it in August with an oldie who wouldn't make it through winter, although I only had her 9 years and she was extremely special but I think it will be worse with my little guy when the times comes as there's nothing like your first one is there?
smile.gif

It does sound like you've made the right decision though, as hard as it is, and I think you've been really brave. It takes a lot of balls to admit that it's time for them to go, espcially when there's the what if's flying around your mind as to whether she'd manage winter or not (I was like that anyway) but let her go happy, rather than struggling miserably with the cold weather.

Hope you feel a bit better. Big hugs xx