Vet needed (vetting) nr Draycott, Derbyshire

Teddybully

Visit site
Hi, can anyone recommend a vet please for a 2 stage vetting in this area?

Thank you.

(Sorry if double thread, not sure what happened!)

AshTay

Visit site
Scarsdales will come to there. Not the cheapest (I had quote from them when i was looking but the horse I bought was further afield and the vets local to him were a good £20 cheaper). Google them for contact details.

wispagold

Visit site
I highly recommend Jackie from Scarsdale, she is brilliant.

Poole house are ok, depends who you get, I would ask for Gil. We have had one our our horses vetted by one of their other vets (not sure what his name was) just a 2 stage. The vetting took 2 and a half hours!!!! And he told the buyers that he failed him (which they are not meant to do, they are only meant to give their opinion on whether the horse would be suitable for what the buyers want) because he had cough (he coughed once, all over me, when he got some hay stuck in his throat after grabbing a mouthful when I tied him up). He also told the buyers he had ring worm, dispite not doing any kind of skin test (it was a rub off his flymask behind his ear) and a sarcoid (which was when the pony next door bit him on the side of the face over the stable door). We were sooo cross that we ended up complaining. Understandably we lost the sale.

The following week he was vetted again but had a 5 stage by a different set of people and passed with flying colours!

wispagold

Visit site
lol, Wispa, that sounds familiar, for what it's worth I've lost the sale too and the horse in question has passed a 5 stage vetting 2 weeks later...

At least I am not the only one! Very frustrating at the time, especially when you know the horse is fine! I can understand vets being careful, if I was having the horse vetted for me I wouldn't want them to miss anything out but telling people he has ringworm without doing any kind of test is rediculous!