Vet or Not?

kppony

Visit site
Hi,

I have a 9 year old persian cat. I noticed last night that he was a little weak on his back legs. He struggled to jump up onto the sofa and seemed to pull himself up rather than push up.

He is still walking and running (as much as he ever does, he;s quite lazy!) without problems, and sits on his back legs and reaches up for treats.

This morning, he jumped onto the bed but did struggle with it. He is still happy in himself and eating/drinking/toilet normally.

Not sure whether to leave it a couple of days to see if he gets better on his own, or take him to the vet. I have been googling weak hing legs and been reading lots of horror stories which worried me! He's my first animal that I've been responsible for so am just worried about making the wrong decision! (I have only had him a year).

On Saturday he was happily jumping up onto the bed and sofa so I'm wondering if he's just pulled something. He's an indoor cat so not much opportunity to hurt himself I don't think, but you never know!

Mrs B

Visit site
If you're at all worried, then take him for a quick check-up at the vet. They may find something, they may not, but if they do, then you did the right thing for him and if they don't, at least you set your mind at rest, which is the right thing for both of you!

Win win.

kppony

Visit site
I booked him an appt just after I posted. Thought there was no reason. Much better to take him even of there isn't anything wrong. Just didn't want to waste the vets time!

Antw23uk

Visit site
There is no such thing as wasting a vets time ... they will be charging you for there time, lol
Glad you booked an appointment, I would have done the same. Keep us posted :)

Moya_999

Visit site
Hi,

I have a 9 year old persian cat. I noticed last night that he was a little weak on his back legs. He struggled to jump up onto the sofa and seemed to pull himself up rather than push up.

He is still walking and running (as much as he ever does, he;s quite lazy!) without problems, and sits on his back legs and reaches up for treats.

This morning, he jumped onto the bed but did struggle with it. He is still happy in himself and eating/drinking/toilet normally.

Not sure whether to leave it a couple of days to see if he gets better on his own, or take him to the vet. I have been googling weak hing legs and been reading lots of horror stories which worried me! He's my first animal that I've been responsible for so am just worried about making the wrong decision! (I have only had him a year).

On Saturday he was happily jumping up onto the bed and sofa so I'm wondering if he's just pulled something. He's an indoor cat so not much opportunity to hurt himself I don't think, but you never know!

If your worried get the vet, I would if it were mine. :)