Vet recommendations Crewe/Stoke area

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I need to get a horse vetted which is based between Crewe and Stoke on Trent and was hoping for some recommendations.

Also what would the average price for a 5 stage vetting be in the area? Hoping a little cheaper than round here.

Adopter

Visit site
Agnew used to be in our practise and was very well thought of.

Weight and Morten are based out of Somerford Park, and come into Staffordshire to me. Been with them for years and always had good experiences.

criso

Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions will ring round today.
Have also been recommended Thompson and Walter and Pool Farm.

Nantwich are the seller's vet so they may consider it a conflict of interests though they have never treated that particular horse.

criso

Visit site
Thompson and Walters are great, especially Paul. Would definitely reccomend them :)

After a morning ringing round asking questions and checking prices and availability Paul Thompson will be vetting the horse on Thurs. And turns out seller needs her other horse vaccinated at the same time so we're sharing the callout fee.

Grinchmass

Visit site
After a morning ringing round asking questions and checking prices and availability Paul Thompson will be vetting the horse on Thurs. And turns out seller needs her other horse vaccinated at the same time so we're sharing the callout fee.

Only just noticed the reply, hope the vetting goes well for you and that you find Paul helpful. Out of the various vets I've had out, seen others have out , I definitely think he's one of the best in the area :) very knowledgeable and friendly. Great help when my loan boy fell, also believe he operated on him when he was younger.

Last edited:

criso

Visit site
Passed with flying colours.

Paul was really helpful and when he called to update me turned out he also rode the horse and shared his thoughts on the horse as well as the standard vetting.