Vet recommendations in Warwickshire?

fruity

Visit site
Hi all 😊 I need to book a vetting in with a local vets next week, owner uses Spring Paddocks Equine. Could anyone recommend another vets near the A423. Will be for a 5 stage plus bloods. Many thanks!

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
My first choice would be Bourton Vale who are very used to doing vettings with bloods but I'm not sure if they go quite that far, you could give them a ring and ask. Hook Norton also have a good equine department with a great bunch of vets as do Avonvale at Ratley.

eventer and proud

Visit site
My first choice would be Bourton Vale who are very used to doing vettings with bloods but I'm not sure if they go quite that far, you could give them a ring and ask. Hook Norton also have a good equine department with a great bunch of vets as do Avonvale at Ratley.

if they are willing to travel bourton vale all the way

gunnergundog

Visit site
A word of advice......all of the practices cited have a good equine reputation. However, they all have newly recruited graduates and those with lesser experience as well as the 'names' on which their reputation is built. Yes, we all have to start somewhere, and if I was buying a lower end hack I would probably accept any of the employees. However, if you are buying a five figure competition or potential competition horse then you need to be a lot more picky and do your research on the individuals as well as the practice.

For example, one vet from one of the above cited practices deemed a horse of mine to be sound as a pound and they would pass it in a 5 stage vetting for BE novice eventing. I didn't protest at the time as the vet was being shadowed by students; however, an email, a phone call, another vet from the same practice and said horse is deemed 3/10ths lame. Just saying......

fruity

Visit site
I have requested call backs with a view to book the partner of Corner house and also enquiried to Olney. Thanks so much! Have worked in the veterinary world so am requesting a partner/director

Frumpoon

Visit site
Ive found the director of cornerhouse to be the most unethical vet I've ever personally encountered so good luck with that