Veteran classes with foal at foot?

Helen010382

community.webshots.com
Can you show a mare in a veteran class with a foal at foot?

Honey is 15 so would like to start entering her in veteran classes but she has a foal at foot.

Is this frowned upon or is it OK? Obvioulsy people all have different veiws on breeding from the 'older' mare - I must add that this wasn't Honey's first foal.

CrazyMare

Visit site
Not under VHS rules unfortunatly. Theres a line in the rule book about it, but I'm afraid I can't copy it out for you as mine is at home and I am at Uni. Means our girl can't do it either.

Penniless

Visit site
Well if you could get yourself to Newmarket we are holding mare and foal class and don't care what age your mare is. Surely if it's an open class and the judge knows what broodmares are supposed to look like, it shouldn't make any difference. We've put in a mare/foal class in July but in the August show, the mare and foal can go into any class, i.e. take on older and younger horses in whatever class suits them. As a matter of note, we're still competing one of our broodmares who has been a veteran for a few years now, with her foal at foot and at County level. Hope you can find something to take yours to.