Veteran Insurance

Razzel_Dazzel

Visit site
I am looking to change my current equine insurance, and am looking for any feed back/advice on insurance companies good/bad or ones to stear clear off, which would cover my mare whos 16year. My renewals come through and now shes 16yr, her policy is disappointing.

cm2581

Visit site
Pet plan now do full accident, illness and disease cover for all horses up to 25 yrs. Best bet I think. I'm around £30 a month. They have paid up a few times without problems.

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Definitely Petplan Equine. If you insure with them before the horse is 20, you get full illness and injury cover til the horse is 25. I have both mine insured with Petplan and although a bit more expensive than some, it has been well worthwhile for me!

Lucy B

Visit site
I agree with the other posts - Pet Plan
It will give you peace of mind that you'll be safely covered and I think when they get older it's worth paying for that sort of security

Sarah2207

Visit site
I didn't like the Petplan veteran policy when I spoke to them on the phone, they were very cagey about what they would actually pay for, as wouldn't pay out for an injury if it could be related to aging joints etc. (Have always insured with them before and they have been great though!) Instead I went with KBIS who sounded much better, and were actually cheaper!!

mini-eventer

Visit site
I am also interested in the answers here and will have a look at pet plan.

My NFU policy has nearly in the last 2 years and my renewal has come in at £600+ for my 18 yr old native (low value) I mainly do riding club activities with.

The policy started off at a good price but goes up by about a third every year even if you do not claim. I'm really considering changing to pet plan before he gets too old