Veteran Vitality

luckyoldme

Visit site
my oldie is out 24/7 rugged with his three friends.
Last winter i was thinking that this one would be a bit of a struggle for him, he was looking a bit rough round the edges. I honestly thought this winter might be his last. I rang A &P for some advice on feed and this winter put him onto Veteran Vitality.
Im really pleased with him this winter, I know on the whole its been milder this year, but evan so he really does look fab, under his rug he is shining like a copper penny.

I just wondered how many of you with veterans are feeding this and what you think of it?

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I used to feed it but swapped to fast fibre, as all of my others are on that!! I'm also sure that I read somewhere you shouldn't feed it to horses with cushings, which mine does have, but i've not looked at the recommendations since, so i might have totally made that up!! but my 30 yr old is looking amazing on just fast fibre with a bit of molasses free hi fi

Biglets Mummy

Visit site
Used it for the first time this year and my 22 year old has kept his weight,has a terrific shine and his ulcers dont seem to be causing him much grief - wish I had used it before - very impressed.

Hawks27

Visit site
We put our 36yr old forester type on it and he plumped up beautiful and had a fab shiny coat great feed he peacefully went to horsey heaven for other reasons at the grand age of 38 bless him

luckyoldme

Visit site
38 years old Hawks..that some going!
Its good to hear others are experiencing the same with this feed, Im cutting my horse back a bit, as I don t want him coming into the spring with too much weight on.
Thanks Kezzabell, i didn t know about the cushings, touch wood mine is not displaying any symptoms but its worth knowing just in case!

Nik90

Visit site
This is the first winter mines has been on veteran vitality & I'm also impressed with it. It picked his weight back up after he was ill & I will need to cut back before the spring as he's doing so well on it

mytwofriends

Visit site
I've used it in the past for my oldie, and he looked great. Have since switched off it as he's doing well on his current feed.

He has Cushings, and might well have had when on Veteran Vitality 4 years ago, so the Cushings comment is interesting. It's something I've not heard before.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I've used it in the past for my oldie, and he looked great. Have since switched off it as he's doing well on his current feed.

He has Cushings, and might well have had when on Veteran Vitality 4 years ago, so the Cushings comment is interesting. It's something I've not heard before.

Ditto, I have used it for 3 years on my old lad with cushings. Very interested to hear more.

be positive

Visit site
A&P told me it is not recommended for equines with cushings when I was looking at feeds for one of mine but that was a few years ago so it may have changed, it is fairly high in starch/ sugar so that may be why it needs to be fed with some caution to those at risk of laminitis.

Annie B.

Visit site
I feed this to my 27 year old Wielkopolskie she has been on it 3 years now and looks fantastic. It is low starch which is what she requires and not high in oil as even at her age now oil makes her silly, also nice and easy to eat as she has always had poor teeth. She is still worked 5 days a week for around an hour it really is a smashing feed.

luckyoldme

Visit site
I feed this to my 27 year old Wielkopolskie she has been on it 3 years now and looks fantastic. It is low starch which is what she requires and not high in oil as even at her age now oil makes her silly, also nice and easy to eat as she has always had poor teeth. She is still worked 5 days a week for around an hour it really is a smashing feed.

ive just had to google Wielkopolskie! Never heard of them before!

Puzzled

Visit site
I had fantastic results with it. Kept an old boy of mine going till he was 37. Fed fast fibre alongside it as he'd been without most of his teeth for years.