Vetrofen Healthy

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
Hi

just wondering on joint care preventative supplements…
Horse is in medium level work- 75cm jumping (I’m a wimp) hacking XC and totally sound but now in early teens. I want to protect joints and ward off any problems in the future.
Vetrofen gets amazing reviews for correcting joint issues, but was wondering if it’s purely an anti inflammatory or if using it prophylactically would give joint health a boost. I’ve read the instructions/product descriptions and I’m non the wiser ?

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
Hi

just wondering on joint care preventative supplements…
Horse is in medium level work- 75cm jumping (I’m a wimp) hacking XC and totally sound but now in early teens. I want to protect joints and ward off any problems in the future.
Vetrofen gets amazing reviews for correcting joint issues, but was wondering if it’s purely an anti inflammatory or if using it prophylactically would give joint health a boost. I’ve read the instructions/product descriptions and I’m non the wiser ?
Anyone have any advice??

mini_b

Visit site
I came to find you and offer some support!!

Current teenage horse now has some joint issues become apparent. He was on premier flex plus for about 4 years prior to that.
we tried boswellia, tumeric, msm etc when he was getting a bit creaky as big horses so often do and nothing helped.

my no nonsense vet recommended appropriate steroid injections and rehab work, bit of bute here and there and following on from that, appropriate work ie not going on too hard/too soft, repetitive tight circles etc and chiro to support the compensatory issues that were caused.

going really well now, can manage a novice test, jumps up to 80.

I 100% wanting to take a prophylactic approach but with no hard and fast evidence and that arthritis isn’t something that can be prevented… but on the other hand you want to reduce risk factors.

who knows if those 4 years on the premier flex did anything?

I personally wish I’d saved the £££ I spent on supplements to pay for the injections I would have needed down the line.

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
I came to find you and offer some support!!

Current teenage horse now has some joint issues become apparent. He was on premier flex plus for about 4 years prior to that.
we tried boswellia, tumeric, msm etc when he was getting a bit creaky as big horses so often do and nothing helped.

my no nonsense vet recommended appropriate steroid injections and rehab work, bit of bute here and there and following on from that, appropriate work ie not going on too hard/too soft, repetitive tight circles etc and chiro to support the compensatory issues that were caused.

going really well now, can manage a novice test, jumps up to 80.

I 100% wanting to take a prophylactic approach but with no hard and fast evidence and that arthritis isn’t something that can be prevented… but on the other hand you want to reduce risk factors.

who knows if those 4 years on the premier flex did anything?

I personally wish I’d saved the £££ I spent on supplements to pay for the injections I would have needed down the line.

Thank you for hunting me out ?

I think after LOTS of reading I’ve come to the same conclusion and you are probably right. Good quality food and a sensible approach to the workload we give her, now she is moving into the vets bill years will possibly be enough and save the ££££ for the medical interventions that may well be necessary with or without the supplements!

she hasn’t had the hardest of lives so I’m hoping that will go toward her miles left on the clock-we don’t do lots and lots and I’m very careful of ground conditions etc! Plus as mentioned im a wimp so we won’t be hammering any big jumps any time soon!

thanks again!

mini_b

Visit site
Thank you for hunting me out ?

I think after LOTS of reading I’ve come to the same conclusion and you are probably right. Good quality food and a sensible approach to the workload we give her, now she is moving into the vets bill years will possibly be enough and save the ££££ for the medical interventions that may well be necessary with or without the supplements!

she hasn’t had the hardest of lives so I’m hoping that will go toward her miles left on the clock-we don’t do lots and lots and I’m very careful of ground conditions etc! Plus as mentioned im a wimp so we won’t be hammering any big jumps any time soon!

thanks again!

keeping them warm helps
Working little and often helps keep things loose. Id aim to do a bit most days to keep him moving in between the “proper work”

try not to worry too much (coming from a prolific worrier!)