Vets South Wales- for vetting?

Jayzee

Visit site
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could help with vets in South Wales along the M4. I am hopefully having a mare vetted next week, the seller has suggested B&W, Cotts equine and Dyffryn Tywi equine clinic. I am looking for a very thorough vet especially with regards to lameness, I would also want X-rays.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

gryff

Visit site
Lisa at Dyffryn Tywi seems to be very good at spotting subtle lameness. I'm not sure how far east Dyffryn will travel though. Holly at Cotts is brilliant.

HelenBack

Visit site
Whereabouts in South Wales is it because B&W are based more to the east and Dyffryn Tywi more to the west. Cotts are kind of in the middle!

Annagain

Visit site
David Agnew at Rockfield vets is also excellent, especially with lameness, as is Allen Brown but I think Allen is only doing vettings for regular customers now (as he's supposed to be semi-retired but still working lots!)

B&W have just expanded further West - they've merged with / taken over two practices in Carmarthen to form South Wales Equine Vets (I had a letter from them this morning announcing it) so they'd probably have the coverage no matter where you are. Duncan at B&W is very good and lovely with it.

Jayzee

Visit site
Brilliant thanks, I've spoken to them all. Dyffryn will not go as far as Bridgend. So will be either Cotts or B&W

Equine_Dream

Visit site
Allen is very good from what I hear. I'm registered with BW but many at my yard use Cotts. Both are good.

David Agnew was a previous partner at BW but left to open his own practice. I've heard very good things about him to.

Annagain

Visit site
Allen is very good from what I hear. I'm registered with BW but many at my yard use Cotts. Both are good.

David Agnew was a previous partner at BW but left to open his own practice. I've heard very good things about him to.

Yes, I use B&W as back up when Allen is unavailable, as he's a one man band. I would always ask for David if it wasn't an emergency when he was there. I considered using David as the back up when he moved but I was worried I'd be in the same boat if David wasn't available either.

holeymoley

Visit site
David Agnew at Rockfield vets is also excellent, especially with lameness, as is Allen Brown but I think Allen is only doing vettings for regular customers now (as he's supposed to be semi-retired but still working lots!)

B&W have just expanded further West - they've merged with / taken over two practices in Carmarthen to form South Wales Equine Vets (I had a letter from them this morning announcing it) so they'd probably have the coverage no matter where you are. Duncan at B&W is very good and lovely with it.

Completely random but Duncan was my vet when he was up in Scotland. I really rate him. I was so annoyed/saddened to hear he was moving down to Wales! :(