Vets.Stafford.Tri-Partate Agreement Help

Rollin

Visit site
We are buying another CB mare and trying to get her to France before BREXIT. The vendor was going to ask her vets if they could do the export papers, two weeks ago. After several chasers I was put in touch with the vets last Friday who cannot help. We want the horse collected next Monday for a Tuesday channel crossing and the paper work is only valid for 48 hours.

Anyone in the Stafford area who can help? They now say WE have to apply to DEFRA who need 10days to do the paperwork, then we need to find a UK vet. WHAT???

We have transported horses two horses to the UK in the past 18 months. Our vet in the village does the paperwork, which we take to the Ministry of Agriculture in Angers. We can push comes to shove get it all done in one morning an a horse on the evening ferry.

Anyone help?

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
Your vets are being weird, you cannot apply for the health papers unless you have access to TRACES. I'd try another vet. I work in transport and we allow 48 hours for applying for health papers to be processed by the APHA (DEFRA) and returned to the vet undertaking the examination of the horses. Theses papers are valid for 10 days but the horses have to start their journey within 2 days of their issue.

Could you find another vet, It is fully possible to get them done before Brexit, although I suspect that there is going to be some delay as a lot of horses are moving early to avoid the issue and still we have no answer as to whether it is deal or no deal!

Rollin

Visit site
Thank you Laafet, we used to speak in the Horse Breeder's Forum.

I have just done a BEVA search and found another vet who might be able to help. We did tell them they needed access to TRACES. It has also been suggested we use an International Transporter - NO. This is a 20 year old Cleveland Bay mare, mother to one of my mares. She has had 6-7 owners and we are buying her to make sure she has a happy old age.

It is going to cost more to transport her than she is worth. If she goes on transport on a shared load she will go to Kent-Calais then back to Pays de la Loire possible 2-3 o/night stays. If we bring her, our crossing will be 4 hours on our Ifor Williams with a breast bar, then three hours on motorway. We have done this lots of times and the horses travel well. I will let you know how we get on.

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I do remember your lovely CBs so wanted to help. You can ask an agent like BBA, Pedens etc to get the paperwork done for you but then you transport the horse yourselves. We have done it before when we have had Italian lorries etc picking up horses, we did all the paperwork and sorted the vets and just gave them the paperwork to take with the horse. There would be a charge but no more than the vets would, I'd imagine.

Rollin

Visit site
Laafet just going out, I will pm you later. Second UK vet cannot do but they have recommended another. As I said, it is so easy doing it from France to UK.

mutley75

Visit site
The vets can not instigate the papers. You need to go to an registered agent or transporter who will be able to access the traces system instigating the papers which are then sent to nominated vet by APHA.
When the vet signs off the papers to say the horse is fit to travel the journey must start within 48 hours.
It’s not vets being difficult there are just very few if any who are registered on the Traces system.

Rollin

Visit site
Thank you for all your replies. My O/H did all the paperwork and sent it off to DEFRA in Carlisle and we found another vet who could do the certificate. Then the carrier who told us he could not transport her south.

Mutley I did not suggest vets being difficult, it transpires the vendor who was going to ask her vet if he could do the certificate, did not so do. I had to contact them, they could not do it and then we had to find another local vet. We have moved four horses both ways across the channel ourselves. Certainly it is much easier to move from France to UK. My village vet never charges us for the paperwork which we take to the local Ministry of Agriculture - as I mentioned above we can get everything done in the morning and on the evening ferry. The last two Cleveland Bay fillies we sold to the UK, left our farm at 11.00pm, were handed over at a UK CB studto their new owners before 9.00am and at their new homes the following lunchtime.

She won't travel now before BREXIT unless it is delayed.