Vetting in the Wirral/ Leahurst or BrownMoss??

Julia0803

Visit site
I am going to view a horse this week based on the Wirral.

I have everything crossed that this is "the one" having had a really lengthy chat with the owners, seen a lot of videos and photos, a chat with her instructor and the DC of the PC where they have been regular and active members for the past two years.

Unfortunately the horse is an 8 hour round trip away :eek:... So we will probably just view him the once.

We will definitely be having a vetting and I thought it might be prudent to investigate our options now. Will probably go for a 5 stage but not sure.

Has anyone used any local vets for a vetting? Can you recommend me a good, through and honest vet or equally tell me of one to avoid or that you weren't impressed with?

I have called Leahurst and inc call out their 5 stage is 325. I called Brownmoss and their 5 stage is 215 inc call out!!

Does anyone have any experience? Obviously if the service is exactly the same I would rather not pay over the odds for it, but would like to hear from anyone who has dealt with them?

Many Thanks for your help.

BlairandAzria

Visit site
If you use brown moss ask for Georgie , but if it was me I'd use Steve Orrell of Orell Equine (they have a website, used to be Orrell and Davies) - he's pretty much the best in the north west.:)

Bojingles

Visit site
Personally I wouldn't let Brown Moss anywhere near any horse of mine again, and I'm not alone in this! I complained to the RCVS about them this year, PM me if you want any info.

madlady

Visit site
I use Gillivervet who aren't a million miles away from the Wirral (Chorley) I've never had a problem with them on anything. Don't know what their costs are though for a vetting.

Sunshine

Visit site
I used Gillervet earlier this year, ask for Phoebe, to vet a horse just across the border into North Wales, think it was about £250 for full 5 stage. I would trust her with any of my horses.

Shrimp

Visit site
I'm based on the Wirral but use Nantwich vets, don't know what they are like for vettings but they have been fantastic with our pretty big incidents over the past couple of years. Is the horse in the local PC branch? I hope it all works out for you :) I was a member of the branch for years (though more than two years ago..) and still know a lot of the people involved so happy to help you in anyway if needs be, best of luck! :)