vetting

H_Venables

Visit site
If you were looking at a seemingly healthy 6 year old, priced acording to how much it's done (not a lot at all!) and the purpose i want it for is quite low level, what stage of vetting would you get done for it? I'm thinking from a financial perspective and looking at parting with 2k. If i was parting with more money, i would have my answer already.

The owner is offering it on a three month loan prior to sale which is something to bear in mind.

Any ideas?

Baileyhoss

Visit site
I would say a 5 stage due to his age. If it was much older and I just wanted a hack, i might say 2 stage, but this lad has got his whole life in front of him.

Firewell

Visit site
I did 2 stage on my horse and have not had a problem health wise. My friend did 5 stage on her last 2 horses and each one had to be put down due to health issues less than a yr later. I obviously reccommend a vetting but for a cheap horse I would question an expensive vetting.

pinktiger

Visit site
i would always have a 5 stage, bought my horse for cheaper than yours,,,, only had a two stage vetting done,,,,,, paid the price later on!!!!!!

VRIN

Visit site
If you have any vetting at all make sure you are there.

I had a five stage vetting but wasn't there and regretted it later when horse proved to have a problem which should have have showed up on vetting.

Nic74

www.horseweb2.proboards82.com
Personally I don't bother seeing as I can do almost all of what the vet does without paying out £200 or more. The amount of times a vet misses something vital and really there is still no comeback as they can only say what they saw on the day. But I guess if you want to be safe then go for the 5 stage.