vettings- who does the riding?

LouS

Visit site
Seller, buyers are rarely present in my experience, and even so I'd still do the riding.

Flicker

Visit site
When I bought my horse, the owner did all the riding, trot up etc and I stood with the vet told he told me what he observed at each stage of the process

Last edited:

zoelouisem

Visit site
When I've sold I've always done the riding the horses I've bought have always been through my friend who a dealer and I've I had them on trial first and then had a 2 stage vetting done.
If I was to buy privately off somebody I didn't know I would be present for betting and want to ride it myself too. I don't think it really matters to be honest though.

starryeyed

Visit site
It's usually the seller, though the only time I've had a horse vetted (the recent addition!) the vet gave me the choice of whether I wanted to ride round or if I wanted the dealer to do so. I chose the dealer as I'd ridden her round before (obviously!) and felt we were suited, so I stood with the vet while he told me what he saw & thought of her movement etc. If I hadn't been sure of whether I was suited to the horse and wanted another opinion, I would have ridden her round and asked him what he thought, as he knows the horses we have now & what I'm "used to" etc - if that makes sense!