Vibes for my lad please.

showjump

Visit site
Also in Vets.
I posted the other day about Bolly having a snotty nose on friday, and looking very quiet. (Not like him he is usually climbing the walls after a week of no work due to a frozen arena!)
Got the vet on fri night, and she decided that he had a abcess (sp?) on a tooth/root, and the 'snot' was actually puss coming down his nose. He was very sore over his sinus's and didnt like her prodding under his eye, on that side.
So he was put on one AB powder a day (which i didnt think was alot?) Vet said if he is no better by yesterday he needs to come in for xray and poss to drain the abcess.

So taking him in tomorrow, hoping he doesnt need it draining and a hole drilling into his face.

To make it worse my dad went away to New York on the day Bolly got ill, and comes back tomorrow, hence the delay in getting him to the vets. Also Bolly is he fav horse, so he's prob been worrying about him.

ElliePippa

Visit site
frown.gif

>>>>>>>>>>Vibes<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>Hugs<<<<<<<
for you hunny
frown.gif

all will be ok, wait and see
smile.gif

cazza

community.webshots.com
Lots of healing vibes being sent to Bolly. We have had one with an abcess under his tooth, had it drained, it took a while to heal but has done very well and you would never know he ever had a problem. Best of luck I do hope he heals soon

showjump

Visit site
Thank you.

Cazza- how do they drain it? Also could you see where they made the hole after it had healed? - he is such a beautiful horse and i would hate it to leave a scar.
frown.gif

cazza

community.webshots.com
They made 2 holes on the back of the cheekbone and it was drained through these holes, we had to wash this out twice a day and we injected him with AB's on a 5 day course. It took 3 weeks for it all to heal up, but there is no scarring on him and you would never have known it had happened. His was an abcess under a back molar tooth.

showjump

Visit site
Oh thanks, i have been worrying, as it all sound quite brutal. The pains in the sinus, and she thinks its the teeth round there causing the problem.
The puss is coming about alot, so dont know if he will need it draining? I would have thought there couldnt be much more to come out?
Suppose we will see on weds. When vet came out she never injected him with an AB's, just gave me the powders, but i would of thought with him having just the one a day, it woud take them a good while to kick in. I would of prefered to inject him tbh.