Vibes please for Dexter (update)

H-J

www.piczo.com
As most will know Dext has been lame now for 2 weeks after being shod which we thought was due to the pads and bruising etc.

Well after this going on for 2 wks we decided to take him to the vet today, it definitely isnt bruising or an abcess
frown.gif
but is definitely in the foot. We went back up there thi afternoon and they nerve blocked the coffin joint but no luck still lame
frown.gif
so tomorrow they will nerve block the navicular and the pastern, but with the heat thats been in the foot hopefuly its unlikely its any of those things.

Vet thinks it could be from the large hole at the front of his foot (caused by a knock to the coronet band) that has grown down and now it at the bottom the foot cant cope with the weight etc. But we'll see.

The shoe will come off tomorrow after the nerve blocks and they will do better x-rays and get the hoof testers on the hole etc.

So am a bit gutted at the mo, and upset and worried
frown.gif
Definitely the end of the season for us whatever the case really which is uch a bummer when he was going so well
frown.gif
So any vibes for Dexter would be very much appreciated x

_jetset_

Visit site
I am sending all my vibes to Dexter!

In a way I hope they find something for you, but something minor that is easily treated and you will back out there before you know it.

There is no point me telling you not to worry or be upset as you know how emotional I got over Grace... but be comforted that the vets are pretty sure it is not the areas being nerve blocked tomorrow.

If it is the hole, then I am pretty sure there are things that can be done with this through farriery.

Fingers crossed tightly for you!

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
Oh dear, I'm so sorry and am sending vibes. Good thing you have Dougal to keep you busy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that is the good thing but still not Dext!

Dougal has now been thrust into the limelight!! He had MK intro anyway but have managed to swap him for Dext at Firle too (in the Intro of course!
tongue.gif
)

So at least i'll be getting to some events even if it isnt on my lovely Dext
frown.gif

AutumnRose

Visit site
Oh no....i really hope you get to the bottom of it and it turns out to be something very straight forward. Try to stay positive and not think the worse although i know it's hard not to!!
laugh.gif

Lot's of positive vibes headed to Dexter!!
grin.gif

catembi

Visit site
Sorry to hear you're having issues.

FWIW, Catembi once had to have his foot in plaster & it caused a 'tight' band of hoof where the coronet band had been constricted. When it grew out & became weight bearing at the heel, he was quite lame. I was worried sick, but he went perfectly sound with eggbars or heart bars (can't rem which) & was totally fine once it had grown out.

Also my HannxTB damaged his coronet band with an overreach & went lame once the 'hole' had reached a certain point. Once it grew past that point he was sound too.

Just trying to give you a few positive examples. Hope your horsey is easily fixed.

H-J

www.piczo.com
Thanks everyone for the vibes and for all the PM's ive received x

Will of course update you when I hear from the vet tomorrow afternoon
crazy.gif

trefilan

Visit site
Lots of vibes for dexter.

Its a horrible, angonising time when you dont quite know what is causing the problem but usually when they find out that it is nothing serious its a huge relief.

Fiona

Visit site
Fingers crossed for Dexter that it turns out to be something simple.

FLo had a bruised sole as a 5yo that kept her off for a good three months, but she came back fully sound after that, and 2 years later the prob hasn't recurred (touches lots of wood).

Am glad that you have Dougal as well to be out and about doing things.

Fiona