Vibes

C1airey

Visit site
I must beg you all, once again, for some of those fabulous HHO vibes. Some of you may remember that a while ago we had an absolute bugger of an abscess and you all successfully did your collective thang so that my donkey of a WB stood patiently with his foot in a bucket and refrained from decorating his stable with my grey matter whilst I shrink-wrapped him in nappies and vetwrap.

I need your help again. This time, tragically, for all four feet.

I need him to put all four feet on the sodding lorry ramp in good order and then stand nicely at the top.

Alternatively, he will go in the freezer whilst I source a burger van and sufficient bread buns.

C1airey

Visit site
Sending vibes, patience, and goodwill to all four legged bobbers! Could also send you Mickey Gavin as he's the one who got my ID to load very nicely.
On a serious note, I am not averse to having a loading bod out to have a crack. This is a horse who was rushed as a youngster and has massive gaps in his education. Recommendations are welcome! He needs to be on board by Sunday though as he’s off to a pole clinic (to address another gap in his education).

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Where are you in t'country? Mickey is (or certainly was) north Nottingham but I know he travels.

I bought an unhandled 3 year old ID from London land. Went down twice to get him. Not happening! Took MG the third time. After MG did his thing the horse was loading himself and continued to do so ever after.

C1airey

Visit site
Bedfordshire.

There’s another sticky loader on the yard so her owner might also be interested.

This is a horse I am ultimately hoping to put out on loan to a more active home, so he needs to be able to travel!

J&S

Visit site
It's difficult to give advice as have no idea what you have tried already but what worked for me was simplicity itself really. Back the lorry up to horse's stable, have the gates (do lorries still have gates at the back??) well jammed to the walls beside the door of the stable, put a nice bowl of food inside lorry and just wait till he is hungry! Curiosity alone may get him up. Once he has done it once keep at it. No force, no horrid ropes and lines, just a pleasant experience in the lorry.

C1airey

Visit site
Reviving this as I could do with a little burst of HHO magic and I need a sympathetic place to vent.

I can get the little bugger onto a trailer.

I can get two feet confidently onto a lorry ramp.

Today I had the back legs tottering on the edge of the lorry ramp.

I CANNOT GET THE WHOLE SODDING HORSE ON THE EFFING LORRY THOUGH.

And breathe...

Hunt ride on Sunday for the little blighter. I’m trying to stay calm and positive. I cannot work out how much pastry I need to turn 580kg of horse into a pie if I am flustered...

Myloubylou

Visit site
Richard maxwell has done a video - available on fb page. Not seen it as both mine load ok. Well one doesn’t much like coming home but is persuaded with a bucket. Good luck

elliejhb

Visit site
One trick I was shown was to lead from the wrong side and turn in the wagon. For my 3.5t where the horse travels backwards I lead in from the horses left so he faces the front then make him turn to face the correct way with me making my way sideways to the right of the ramp.

Hoping this link will work to show the above method:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

C1airey

Visit site
Trailer not an option for Sunday as it’s not mine, and I can’t hire/borrow one as I don’t have a car that can tow. So, 7.5t it is.

He laughs in the face of a gadget - we load with a bridle and lunge line because I don’t like skiing on gravel.

His belly is usually the key that unlocks everything, but even that takes time. If I start now, maybe I can starve him on by Sunday morning...?

C1airey

Visit site
Also considering firing him on from a cannon...but might have issues loading him into the cannon ?

Will have a peep at the Maxwell video. This is a horse who understands pressure and release and has done plenty of groundwork. He just thinks it’s optional.

yhanni

Visit site
Have you tried the high opiate, high sugar lick things?? Mine will do almost anything for one of those - sends him into some sort of euphoric state!