Vicky Yoxall Dealer

Mahoganybay

Visit site
Hi, went to view a horse with a friend who was looking for a first pony for her very novice (just coming out of riding school) granddaughter! Pony was super, proper leg in each corner, safe and sensible type. Tried pony out in a school, open field and on a hack.

Friend was concerned granddaughter would outgrow pony quickly as it was just a touch on the small side. Whilst perusing Vicky's yard we saw a lovely coloured horse that was a few hands taller, upon equiring whether friends granddaughter could try that horse as we had travelled some distance to get there, was told no as the horse would not be suitable. Friend insisted and Vicky ensured that one of her riders got on first to show how unsuitable horse was, friends granddaughter didn't get on.

I found that on that day Vicky was very honest. Looking at the horses she has and her set up, they are given a fair trial in various situtions before offered for sale but would still recommend trying out yourself and obvious vetting.

Leo Walker

Visit site
She had a friends horse and the description didnt match the horse at all. The horse has kissing spines which wasnt disclosed, although whether she knew or not I dont know

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I would rate her as one of the good lower end dealers. I have bought from her and got exactly what I paid for. She has a good reputation locally, and she is very local to me so I'm sure I would have heard if there were any big problems. She was once featured in the HHO magazine as a fair dealer in an article about dealers.

LHIS

Visit site
She is a stones throw away from where I live currently. I have only heard good things and had I not found a gelding right for me I was planning to go and try a mare she currently has.

ETA- a girl on our yard has a horse from her and he is a cracking horse, they had a good experience buying him and he's a yard favourite and perfect for his owner.

Visit site
After veiwing agreed a sale, during the initial negotiation she tried to discourage vetting siting the long waits as a reason I insisted then she couldn't find a local school who would be willing to allow a vetting as according to her "they dont like strange horses as thier yards due to flu" I said that was what vaccination records were for and that horses are moved around a great deal for shows and meetings and that it really shouldn't be an issue. She agreed to try to find a venue for the vetting and i proceeded to make enquires with vets. Two out of four local vets advised that they were almost certainly unwelcome on her yard due to past experiences and to check if they could have access to the horse before I booked. She, given this information advised me which vet she WOULD allow. As it was the horse's advert was removed and contact ceased before we settled on an appointment with no explanation I only realised when I got an email from the website saying the advert had been removed. She also advised me that vetting was totally unnecessary as ""that was what insurance is for" and "if there is something wrong with the horse you claim on your insurance" . All in a days work for her I fear. Internet searches after revealed the "perfect pony" as it was advertised was sold 3 months prior as a "project pony". So I'm optimistic we had the best outcome. I really dont think she knew what upset this caused emotionally for my family and I really hope she will change her approach to selling horses in the future it's not fair to do that to honest people.
Caution advised

ycbm

Visit site
I'm sorry you had issues over this pony, but I don't understand this post. When I bought from Vicky, she had a yard in Poynton with a big school, all the necessary facilities for a vetting, welcomed a vetting and had a good reputation for lower end horses among horse people in the local area. She doesn't now appear to be trading, there is no Facebook or other site online and a search on her name brings up no horses for sale.

When was this?

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Barge pole. Pm me if you want. I have direct knowledge of VERY, VERY dodgy dealing. I know she has a good rep but all I can say is that any dealer may be good at sourcing and selling decent ponies. It is what they do with the dodgy ones they sometimes find themselves with that makes them good or bad dealers imo.

Visit site
I'm sorry you had issues over this pony, but I don't understand this post. When I bought from Vicky, she had a yard in Poynton with a big school, all the necessary facilities for a vetting, welcomed a vetting and had a good reputation for lower end horses among horse people in the local area. She doesn't now appear to be trading, there is no Facebook or other site online and a search on her name brings up no horses for sale.

When was this?
She was operating out of a yard in Macclesfield that had no useable facilities at the time.
I'm sorry I had issues too they were very big issues and unforgivable. All very easily avoided by good old fashioned honesty. If you would like me to clarify who she is I have a photo I could publish? I also have full evidence of my experience.My personal experience was precisely as above. I reiterate I was inconvenienced heavily in time, money and emotion. If people would just conduct business as I do in a wholly transparent and honest way none of this would have to happen. I stated on the phone before that if successful I would want to Vet and it was agreed. I asked so many questions as I was driving so far and wanted to make sure.

ycbm

Visit site
She was operating out of a yard in Macclesfield that had no useable facilities at the time.
I'm sorry I had issues too they were very big issues and unforgivable. All very easily avoided by good old fashioned honesty. If you would like me to clarify who she is I have a photo I could publish? I also have full evidence of my experience.My personal experience was precisely as above. I reiterate I was inconvenienced heavily in time, money and emotion. If people would just conduct business as I do in a wholly transparent and honest way none of this would have to happen. I stated on the phone before that if successful I would want to Vet and it was agreed. I asked so many questions as I was driving so far and wanted to make sure.

When was this?

Visit site
When was this?

It was within the last 3 months. You are not even sure is the same person as you met her in Poynton. Would you like that picture or I could describe her appearance best by saying short, big blond hair lots of make-up surrounded by Corgis and various other dogs which she said she breeds. Super charming and polite as is anyone trying to sell something. Voice and attitude changed immediately when vetting mentioned. Sure if the sale had gon well I would be left, as you are with a great opinion of her but there was clearly a reason I was strongly discouraged from persuing vetting and when I insisted the communication ceased and advert removed. Leaving people very hurt and upset.

ycbm

Visit site
I wanted to know when it was as I can't find any record online of her currently dealing at all. Clearly she is, and your experience and AE's who is also local, are a good warning to people to act with caution.

Visit site
She was trying to sell on happy hackers page on Facebook the other day. Somehow her post was removed!! I think her bad business practices might be catching up with her and also she had her whole business page removed late last year. If you have Facebook search her name she's on there.

Rosemary28

Visit site
She was trying to sell on happy hackers page on Facebook the other day. Somehow her post was removed!! I think her bad business practices might be catching up with her and also she had her whole business page removed late last year. If you have Facebook search her name she's on there.

I noticed her business page had gone, I wondered if she was still selling. I've never had any dealings with her direct so can't offer any advice.

Ceriann

Visit site
After veiwing agreed a sale, during the initial negotiation she tried to discourage vetting siting the long waits as a reason I insisted then she couldn't find a local school who would be willing to allow a vetting as according to her "they dont like strange horses as thier yards due to flu" I said that was what vaccination records were for and that horses are moved around a great deal for shows and meetings and that it really shouldn't be an issue. She agreed to try to find a venue for the vetting and i proceeded to make enquires with vets. Two out of four local vets advised that they were almost certainly unwelcome on her yard due to past experiences and to check if they could have access to the horse before I booked. She, given this information advised me which vet she WOULD allow. As it was the horse's advert was removed and contact ceased before we settled on an appointment with no explanation I only realised when I got an email from the website saying the advert had been removed. She also advised me that vetting was totally unnecessary as ""that was what insurance is for" and "if there is something wrong with the horse you claim on your insurance" . All in a days work for her I fear. Internet searches after revealed the "perfect pony" as it was advertised was sold 3 months prior as a "project pony". So I'm optimistic we had the best outcome. I really dont think she knew what upset this caused emotionally for my family and I really hope she will change her approach to selling horses in the future it's not fair to do that to honest people.
Caution advised
My experience was very similar, save that I stupidly allowed heart to rule head and used the vet she recommended for vetting, not vetted in a school so limited and I didn’t attend. My fault. The mare I bought is now a companion - she’s bolted and bronced (v badly) more times than I care to remember. Sold as a green in school but an established hack who was very honest and safe ride. In fairness I did contact VY who offered to come out and see her but I do not believe she had behaved perfectly before I bought her (and she’d been at VYs yard a while as they’d got a foal off her) and only started to do that with me. Couldn’t sell her - v hard lesson learned.

Mollysquidge

New User
Visit site
My experience was very similar, save that I stupidly allowed heart to rule head and used the vet she recommended for vetting, not vetted in a school so limited and I didn’t attend. My fault. The mare I bought is now a companion - she’s bolted and bronced (v badly) more times than I care to remember. Sold as a green in school but an established hack who was very honest and safe ride. In fairness I did contact VY who offered to come out and see her but I do not believe she had behaved perfectly before I bought her (and she’d been at VYs yard a while as they’d got a foal off her) and only started to do that with me. Couldn’t sell her - v hard lesson learned.
Please PM vet too as looking too. Thank you

Mary3050

Visit site
We had a few dealing with her about 6 years ago.
We went to look at advertised 15’2 hand 7 year old ID x Connie. He was supposed. We where looking for something to share with my dad and need to be all rounder safe. We got there and the hose was more like 16 hands. We arrived early to find the groom was sponging him off said he rolled in the stable and got a poo stain possible as he was a big grey. The rider got on rode him nice. However there was only a small sand school that was flooded. So she took him over to the field full of other horses grazing. He was good but I didn’t feel the other horse being out grazing was safe to be schooling in ? We also hacked him up the road . Anyway she said wouldn’t knock us any money off but said oh can chuck a puppy in. My nan wanted another spaniel so we had a look. Was taken to a horse box to be shown some spaniel puppy’s . They where very young to young to away from mum. There was also a funny lucky puppy at the very back look like a runt and wasn’t from the same litter as it was black with more lab feature than spaniel. She told us the balck one was sold and so was the two other males. We agreed to take a pup but we could only have the last male which we wanted any way as he was in a state. We had the horse vetted and attended the vet had some concerns over age and told us to get a vet with dentistry kit out when we got home. He also couldn’t believe the state of the shoes that where on Additional the horse had come from Ireland but had no passport. Vicky said the passport was still in Ireland with previous owners and would arrive soon.

She arranged the horse to be dropped off two days after the vetting. He arrived and seemed to a bit nervous kept shooting back in the stable and bashing his head on the door when you went to stroke him. We also had his teeth done and vet said he was only just four. We had some issues at home with in the first weeks he would bolt off across the field on the way down to the school. Tried to jump a large fence but stropped and threw me over a fence onto a pile of hard core. Then out hacking he was consistently spooking. In the school he kept exploding.we also rang Vicky to dicuss the issues she shut down the idea he was 4 and said we was obviously causing the issues. We still had no passport 6 weeks later. So my dad spoke to her again as the horse had cost 5.5 k and was not as sold. Vicky said if we where not happy to come and see what she had in but she was away for two week. In the mean time the passport arrived we found that she had applied for the passport and was not with the previous owners as explained.

Then the puppy was not well at all form the moment he arrived he was weak couldn’t use back legs very sick. We went to the vets on the first day they refused to vaccinate him as they said they though he was only 5 weeks old . They also think he may have had parvo and bloods confirmed antibodies. He also had punctured on his head and side the vet said he had been attacked by an older dog. He was so lethargic we all thought he was deaf. Vets also found he was severely dehydrated. Took him home fed him up and he made it !

Any way back to the horse, so we want to try these other horse but dad didn’t want our boy to go buy Vicky assure us she had an Event friend Who would taking him to bring on and she would pass on details to keep in touch. We agreed this would be best for all. So we tried a few one was supposed to be 15 hands was more like 14 hand underweight not suitable for my 6’6 dad to ride. The other we didn’t like or get on with. I asked about a horse she had advertised. We rode him a advertised 15’1 was just pushing 15 hand 10 year old cob seemed a nice boy did everything we asked school was out of action though. Went well in the field and out hacking , he was perfect for us. Then it came to sorting vetting and price. We had him vetted vet found he seemed to have a issue on the left but said though it was muscular what a physio could sought. She told us he had been with a old man hunting. She he’s on sales livery for £4,500 and we would be Losing £1000 as “ we messed her about with the other horse “ . She also said that she was taking the 500 out of the money because we had a puppy which only came with the first horse free but would arrange transport to swop the horse . Dad had enough and agreed.

When the swop came we where convinced the other boy was going to a more suitable home. Off came our new boy who was sweated up as it was warm the guy who dropped him off same as last time said he was fighting with the other horse . He also had a cut on his head. All was fine however we soon found he wasn’t quite as told again. As he couldn’t canter in the school in the school and started bucking. Perfect In open field or out hacking just not in the school . But we kept him had his back sorted and worked through it with him . We never heard from new owners of our old boy ? and where still the registers owners on the passport according to the agency.

Mary3050

Visit site
Also had a friend who brought from her . As she fell in love despite us telling her it wasn’t a great idea. They swoped there ex racer for a black welsh pony and about £3000 cash. Nice little mare they however the mare didn’t arrive straight away due to Vicky being on holiday for two weeks and said she didn’t want the ex racer there until she got back . When she did arrive she had a large splint and had bald patches on legs. Vet recons boots left on far to long. Also within a week they found something was very very wrong in her back potential kissing spine. Vicky agreed to take the horse back to be retired. They got a different horse cost them another £1000. They where happy but he was nervous and a little spooky hacking.

Wizpop

Visit site
As others have said, my experience was” honest to a point” that point being if the horse is really as described and if sh’s ok about you having it vetted. Other than that, tread carefully!

Sossigpoker

Visit site
We had a few dealing with her about 6 years ago.
We went to look at advertised 15’2 hand 7 year old ID x Connie. He was supposed. We where looking for something to share with my dad and need to be all rounder safe. We got there and the hose was more like 16 hands. We arrived early to find the groom was sponging him off said he rolled in the stable and got a poo stain possible as he was a big grey. The rider got on rode him nice. However there was only a small sand school that was flooded. So she took him over to the field full of other horses grazing. He was good but I didn’t feel the other horse being out grazing was safe to be schooling in ? We also hacked him up the road . Anyway she said wouldn’t knock us any money off but said oh can chuck a puppy in. My nan wanted another spaniel so we had a look. Was taken to a horse box to be shown some spaniel puppy’s . They where very young to young to away from mum. There was also a funny lucky puppy at the very back look like a runt and wasn’t from the same litter as it was black with more lab feature than spaniel. She told us the balck one was sold and so was the two other males. We agreed to take a pup but we could only have the last male which we wanted any way as he was in a state. We had the horse vetted and attended the vet had some concerns over age and told us to get a vet with dentistry kit out when we got home. He also couldn’t believe the state of the shoes that where on Additional the horse had come from Ireland but had no passport. Vicky said the passport was still in Ireland with previous owners and would arrive soon.

She arranged the horse to be dropped off two days after the vetting. He arrived and seemed to a bit nervous kept shooting back in the stable and bashing his head on the door when you went to stroke him. We also had his teeth done and vet said he was only just four. We had some issues at home with in the first weeks he would bolt off across the field on the way down to the school. Tried to jump a large fence but stropped and threw me over a fence onto a pile of hard core. Then out hacking he was consistently spooking. In the school he kept exploding.we also rang Vicky to dicuss the issues she shut down the idea he was 4 and said we was obviously causing the issues. We still had no passport 6 weeks later. So my dad spoke to her again as the horse had cost 5.5 k and was not as sold. Vicky said if we where not happy to come and see what she had in but she was away for two week. In the mean time the passport arrived we found that she had applied for the passport and was not with the previous owners as explained.

Then the puppy was not well at all form the moment he arrived he was weak couldn’t use back legs very sick. We went to the vets on the first day they refused to vaccinate him as they said they though he was only 5 weeks old . They also think he may have had parvo and bloods confirmed antibodies. He also had punctured on his head and side the vet said he had been attacked by an older dog. He was so lethargic we all thought he was deaf. Vets also found he was severely dehydrated. Took him home fed him up and he made it !

Any way back to the horse, so we want to try these other horse but dad didn’t want our boy to go buy Vicky assure us she had an Event friend Who would taking him to bring on and she would pass on details to keep in touch. We agreed this would be best for all. So we tried a few one was supposed to be 15 hands was more like 14 hand underweight not suitable for my 6’6 dad to ride. The other we didn’t like or get on with. I asked about a horse she had advertised. We rode him a advertised 15’1 was just pushing 15 hand 10 year old cob seemed a nice boy did everything we asked school was out of action though. Went well in the field and out hacking , he was perfect for us. Then it came to sorting vetting and price. We had him vetted vet found he seemed to have a issue on the left but said though it was muscular what a physio could sought. She told us he had been with a old man hunting. She he’s on sales livery for £4,500 and we would be Losing £1000 as “ we messed her about with the other horse “ . She also said that she was taking the 500 out of the money because we had a puppy which only came with the first horse free but would arrange transport to swop the horse . Dad had enough and agreed.

When the swop came we where convinced the other boy was going to a more suitable home. Off came our new boy who was sweated up as it was warm the guy who dropped him off same as last time said he was fighting with the other horse . He also had a cut on his head. All was fine however we soon found he wasn’t quite as told again. As he couldn’t canter in the school in the school and started bucking. Perfect In open field or out hacking just not in the school . But we kept him had his back sorted and worked through it with him . We never heard from new owners of our old boy ? and where still the registers owners on the passport according to the agency.
Oh wow this is terrible. You shouldn't even be able to import without a passport and selling without one is an offence.
Sounds very dodgy indeed.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
My friend and I were both looking for a pony for a child at the same time. And both saw one advertised by who looked perfect. My friend viewed a couple of weeks before we did. When she turned up she was directed very skilfully away from original pony without viewing him to another one which she bought. 2 weeks later - same story. We were persuaded to try Ginny 'first' and then the pony we went to view was described as lovely but 'a bit strong' and 'having watched her ride I really don't think he's suitable'. Ginny's viewing was skilfully managed to hide her issues. We left feeling as though we had been through a positive experience with a nice person who genuinely cared about matching the correct pony to a child. Ha bl00dy ha. Turns out my friend bought a known bolter (and she told me she could prove it as she was sent the messages the old owner has sent to VY telling her about the pony). This was for a novice 9 year old. I bought a pony riddled with behavioural issues which I think were the precursor to her physical issues. And the original pony? Well turns out that he was on sales livery and somehow never managed to sell. Funny that!

As I said upthread: BARGEPOLE! I do think she generally tries to source and sell nice horses and ponies but our experience suggests she's as dishonest as they come if she has dodgy ones to get rid of. And she can turn pretty unpleasant too.

Upthecreek

Visit site
What I am struggling to understand is why people go to view horses and buy them anyway when there are so many red flags ??‍♀️ Why not say thanks but no thanks and walk away?

I am not defending dodgy dealers in any way, but why would you spend thousands on a horse that ends up costing thousands more, not to mention the emotional cost, when the dealer is being evasive/difficult when you view the horse? Unfortunately people continuing to buy horses from people like this, despite the obvious signs they are being less than honest, means the dodgy dealers will keep dealing and making good money.

Mary3050

Visit site
Oh wow this is terrible. You shouldn't even be able to import without a passport and selling without one is an offence.
Sounds very dodgy indeed.

Totally agree we always asked to see the passport when we view first but she said it was still being sent from Ireland as there was a hold up with the passport but it would be there for the vetting . Which we thought was odd. But at the vetting she produced some paperwork for the horse which was the markings etc microchip number for the passport. Can’t remember what It’s called but it’s like what you get the vet to do when you first send the passport off. She said that the passport was in the post and the old owners had emailed this over. Vet checked everything matched up. When the passport finally arrived although had Vicky as First owner another vet checked and everything matched. Apart for the vets find the foaling year was a few years out ? xxx

onemoretime

Visit site
Sounds like another one to avoid. Honestly its a nightmare trying to find a nice horse. Dodgy dealers sites are sometimes helpful if you want to run a name past them before you venture out for those on Facebook. The Admin will put up an anonymous post for you if you want them to. I was well and truly shafted by a well known Scottish dealer in 2012 she even handed out bags of chaff and nuts all laced with bute to keep the poor horse going for a week so that she can then turn round and say that the problem happened with you. I seem to be the only person who sussed that the food was drugged, others had fed it and forgotten about it then their horses went lame or showed behavioural problems she didn't want to know.

Mary3050

Visit site
Sounds like another one to avoid. Honestly its a nightmare trying to find a nice horse. Dodgy dealers sites are sometimes helpful if you want to run a name past them before you venture out for those on Facebook. The Admin will put up an anonymous post for you if you want them to. I was well and truly shafted by a well known Scottish dealer in 2012 she even handed out bags of chaff and nuts all laced with bute to keep the poor horse going for a week so that she can then turn round and say that the problem happened with you. I seem to be the only person who sussed that the food was drugged, others had fed it and forgotten about it then their horses went lame or showed behavioural problems she didn't want to know.

Oh dear that horrific there seems to be more and more doggy horse sellers year on year. I brought from a dealer called Gemini sports horses the horse was for my grandma. She supplies a few riding school/ trekking centres near me. Went to look at a PC all rounder I like my grand didn’t. Gran spotted a grey mare she liked . She was very honest told us the truth that the mare was on sales livery and only arrived from 4 days before so had really been fully assessed. Told us she was green in the school mainly because she was only 5, popped a small jump and was good in traffic. She said we was welcome to try her out. Everything she told us was spot on. We brought her and haven’t looked back she matured into a lovely horse xx