Video… by far the worst driver yet

luckyoldme

Visit site
I'm just playing devil's advocate here.
The driver is a complete knob and your horse handled it well.
However your horse got a bit of a fright when you threw your crop at the car windscreen?
I don't think this thread paints you in a good light as a victim.

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
I'm just playing devil's advocate here.
The driver is a complete knob and your horse handled it well.
However your horse got a bit of a fright when you threw your crop at the car windscreen?
I don't think this thread paints you in a good light as a victim.
Your probably right, but given the fact I stopped for him and then I actually got a fright at the speed he was approaching. I couldnt care less. I am just thankful to be alive for another day

nagblagger

Visit site
Any update? What did the police say?
Must admit the traffic around where i ride were brilliant today, when i was riding spooky mare, who wasn't worried about the cars but the scary bit of paper on the floor!

southerncomfort

Visit site
Well after our ride this morning, I'm going to be purchasing a hat cam.

The incidences of poor driving are too numerous to list here so I'll just single out the driver coming towards us who refused to slow down despite me asking politely several times, and the biker with a passenger riding pillion who passed so close to us that I could have reached out and pushed him off his bike if he hadn't been going so fast.

I definitely would have reported him to the police.
Thankfully Bo is extremely good in traffic but if the biker had have passed another horse and rider like that he could have caused a very serious accident.

Barton Bounty

Visit site
Well after our ride this morning, I'm going to be purchasing a hat cam.

The incidences of poor driving are too numerous to list here so I'll just single out the driver coming towards us who refused to slow down despite me asking politely several times, and the biker with a passenger riding pillion who passed so close to us that I could have reached out and pushed him off his bike if he hadn't been going so fast.

I definitely would have reported him to the police.
Thankfully Bo is extremely good in traffic but if the biker had have passed another horse and rider like that he could have caused a very serious accident.
Its a shame we have to but it is definitely the best thing 😕

Chappie

Visit site
I haven't been on the forum in ages, but popped on to check out hat-cam reviews - and I can totally relate to this post, having had an almost identical speeding incident yesterday - with added significant puddles, you know, the sharp crack and big spray when cars go through them at speed? Yes that! My cob was a saint. I had shouted three times SLOW DOWN and waved my arm up and down for "slow" - he just cheerily waved back at me while thundering past.

I guess he just had no idea how to pass a "vulnerable road user"?

Earlier in the day, I was taking a small girl wearing a bright pink outfit (so, VERY obviously a small child) out on a lead rein walk. Very small pony too. On the way out I was passed literally centimetres from my arm by a 4x4. Saw the middle aged couple with small girl get out of the car at the farm shop car park. On the way back, even more frightening - a man in a saloon accelerating so fast towards us the car was "weaving". I frantically waved my arm up and down to slow him, he nearly took my arm off. Although mature, that was the pony's first time off this particular yard, it only recently joined the yard.

So I have to start doing MORE to stay safe. Already dressed in massive multicoloured fluorescent hi-vis tabards, hat bands, huge quarter sheets, leg wraps. Unfortunately, I'm the only one on my yard who bothers.

I'm tempted to just go for it and get a Technologic DC1. This would provide evidence - but I need a really bold good tabard to educate drivers - trouble is they are going too fast to read it?!

I just want a huge SLOW (10 in the white and red circle) and WIDE in really big bold letters. Maybe the camera symbol as well?
Maybe a t-shirt printing shop would do it for me? I've got an (will get more I think!) oversized orange and yellow tabard.

I wonder if I could approach the farm shop and ask them to display posters, if Pass Wide and Slow could supply them? Good idea? I'm a designer, so could make something myself, but want it to look 'official'.

The vast majority of traffic on the road is going to and from them since they opened the shop a few years ago, or heading out to homes in the countryside from the city. Everyone seems to belt along these days. Drive right up to us really fast then brake a few meters before us. Often huge 4x4s, always in a hurry. Of course, some drivers are lovely and I'm hugely demonstrative of thanks, smiling, waving, get out of their way into passing places if possible. It's Scotland, so a bit backwards in dealing with this sort of thing, to be blunt. People don't like people "making a fuss". These are back roads, rat-runs nowadays I suppose. A few bends but mostly straight and open view.

Have to use the roads to get to the off-road (which has its own set of issues!)

Barton Bounty

Visit site

Barton Bounty

Visit site
We had a knob head on Sunday, over took on a sharp bed with a car having to suddenly stop and move over and he had 2 bicycles close behind, he was reported .
There is actually no need whatsoever for this. Its an absolute joke, i was already tucked in but as you can see I have a ditch at one side and a ravine at the other 😣
I was just about to pull in for him in about 6 steps as the road widens slightly on the corner. The road is narrow enough.
Passed about 10 and a couple of lorries.. all great apart from this one

Barton Bounty

Visit site
I’d send that to the police. He needs a quiet word. You’d asked him to wait. He didn’t and overtook on a bend he couldn’t possibly see round. They’d like to talk to him. 😡
I feel like a moaner 😕 thats three weeks ago , then last week and now this week. Its really quite sad!
Think we need a little campaign going on around here