Video - anyone seen this before, horse leaning in stable?

Pigeon

Visit site
Weird!

Rocking back can be an issue with the feet, or neurological - but from the video it looks like she's doing the itchy wiggly lip thing! So my guess would also be itchy :p

BraidedTail

Visit site
I agree - She looks like she's itchy but knows she's not supposed to scratch! ( My pony does this - only starts really rubbing once you're out of sight - he's had dreadful pinworm)

laurenn1010

Visit site
Me too, flirty, in season mare. To my husband's horror she tried to do it on him:eek3:

She is a flirty mare most of the time, I don't think she is in season though at present, she has been wormed and doesn't actually scratch but rather leans/bumps!

I was starting to get worried about Sacroillic joint, as on another simalar post they mentioned it :-/

She worries me x

Evie91

Visit site
Horse on the yard once with pin worm, all up to date with worming programme etc, vet didn't get it first time. Once diagnosed it was a little tricky to treat but soon cleared up.
That horse displayed slightly odd behaviour, soon stopped once worms were treated. I'd be tempted to go down that route.

laurenn1010

Visit site
It only occurs in stable, and as she is only stables at night in winter it came to my attention again.... vet checked said not to worry it's a habit? She has been wormed up to date and most recently with pramox, does that treat pinworm? None of my other horse seem to have this habit but is it possible pinworm would affect only one?

Back has been done also and was given all clear. Just wondered if anyone else horse had this behaviour? She is riding fine.

nicelittle

Visit site
One of ours stands bum against the wall and sleeps, no rubbing though, but the tail is still ruined by it! Back checked all ok, not lame, so I'm not sure why either! Although yours definitely looks a bit itchy!