Video Calls on Horseback

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
The worst one I saw recently was an Instagram story of a few (clueless extra bespoke full livery) owners of a yard I used to work at riding their horses down a busy road in SW London going to Richmond Park - a selfie taken by the one in front with the caption 'Holding up traffic!', with a long queue behind them. Just irresponsible, but then if you have money how can you possibly be ignorant or do anything wrong! It probably irritated the drivers as well, and we have to try hard enough to keep them on side, passing wide & slow etc.

Gah! There are so many great hacking vids on social media but I agree ones like this are not good. I've seen quite a few of people out on the roads with horses spooking/acting up and the response is to crack out the phone and video while laughing instead of focusing on getting safely out of the way of waiting traffic. So not good for the goodwill of drivers willing to slow down/be patient with horses and riders.

Not sure what else to suggest re: OP though. It sounds like the person isn't all that considerate even when they aren't on the phone.

Splash2310

Visit site
I have done a video call during furlough with my work colleagues (also on furlough) which was a general check in to see how everyone was doing! They all like horses and really enjoyed seeing supercob.

That being said, I was in the arena by myself, walking off. We have a 20x40 so if I’m in there with anyone else I don’t use my phone.

I do think phone calls are different to video - occasionally whilst hacking (on our private farmland - never on roads or far away from home) I’ll take chat on the phone to a friend or my boyfriend. Sometimes I think it can be quite relaxing, and once during a schooling session my v tense horse seemed to relax a lot more as I was talking (probably as I was relaxed too!)