Videos: Dressage and SJ/XC training videos from early March, seems a long time ago...

ScampiBigMan

Visit site
Thought might be of interest during this time and any other. Learnt alot during these sessions so sharing. In the dressage videos, the wonderful Di Breeze is teaching me how to teach Phoenix half pass and travers. We have played around with half pass and travers for a while but this was my first formal training in either.

The SJ and XC videos are with Caroline Moore with Phoenix and Reilee. I was really pleased where all 3 of us got to by the end of the 2nd day. She gave me some new tools for how to ride both into fences to improve the levelness (regularity) of the stride by riding quieter and keeping hands low - actually reducing pressure /force (from reins as well as legs) and becoming more subtle with the aids to encourage them not to rush /expand into the fences and also the added benefit of reducing the distance we jump out on the other side. Feels a little counter intuitive to start but really seemed to work and is consistent with Phoenix's dressage training with Di where we are constantly trying to reduce the aids and whisper them, which she responds brilliantly to. All work in progress but look forward to picking all this up again in a few months. Recommend Caroline to anyone to check your basics and give you things to work on with tools to apply.

The skinny after the drop was 1.3m apparently, which is considerably higher than Reilee has jumped before - felt v nonchalant ;)

Hope you enjoy :)

Phoenix going sideways

Phoenix & Reilee tearing it up in Leicestershire