+ videos: the yellow pony jumps for the team and another busy week

dafthoss

Visit site
I will start with the intresting stuff. We headed off rather early yesterday morning for the rc areas (have been lucky with late times recently so being there for 9am was a bit of a shock to the system). Had an email on thursday saying it had been moved on to the surfaces due to the weather we have had recently, thought it was being a little over cautious as our ground up untill this morning was perfect to jump on and we had avoided most of the rain. On arrival it was very clear why it was now on a surface as the trailer park had standing water in places :eek: was very glad to be towing with a defender at this point :cool:.

As there were so many people you were warming up in another out door then going down to the smaller warm up next to the ring just before you jumped. Watching a few people go before me to learn the course (organised as ever) two horses fell over whilst jumping :eek: which was a little concerning as the YP isnt known for beign great at staying on his feet (think face plant on landing leaving the sj up and landing on my knee on a flat road). I had managed not to put to much pressure on my self this time so was feeling quite calm about the whole thing. Went in and he was rather backwards, he always seems to be at keysoe :confused: and made me work hard for the entire round. We had a stop at 3 which was some strange candy striped poles that were causing chaos and then he had a naughty one at 4 because he had stopped at 3. He got a telling off and jumped the rest of the round nicely even if I finished more out of breath than he did.

Had a break and chatted to Holidays_are_coming breifly as she was very busy. Then went in and watched a few style rounds, again to learn the course (theres a theme here). I think I must come across as one of them dreaded riders who just canter the pony round a few times and class that as a warm up :eek: I promise I had warmed him up and he was just being a little backwards so thats the best policy for him when he is in that mind set and conscious that he would be doing lots of jumping that day and had done a bit the night before at pc didnt want to over jump him as he starts to make his own entertainment after a while.

Went in to do the style, now last time we were in the indoor he forgot how to canter :eek: so I'm pleased to anounce that I didnt forget to salute/canter round and he didnt forget how to canter, going well for team YP at this point. Jumped the fences well but as we were going to have to push on to get the time when he got a little deep to the first part of the double he just knocked it behind for it to come down. An unfortunate pole really as he jumped well for me round a course that tested his limited bravery over bright spooky jumps, but with 4 time penalties to add we wernt going to be in the placings (not helped by me going round a fence that I could have gone inside of :rolleyes:).

Then back for a second round of the novice, thankfully the same course! The YP had woken up a little by this point and although still a little backwards he awnsered all the questions but was again unlucky with a deep spot at 8 that he took down behind, still very pleaesed with him as he isnt known for being brave over spooky sj's and he jumped them all.

Heres a few pics from the day
being told off for stopping
543188_10150936319589601_1330383663_n.jpg

Making it all look far to easy
282239_10150936319739601_1445831958_n.jpg

taking on the pumpkins
598738_10150936320224601_415916876_n.jpg

and a video of our second round for the novice, not very neat as he was being quite hard work
[youtube]4wDczcribhg[/youtube]

Friday we were at PC and ended up sj not xc so just a few pics
Pony says no...
525877_10150936312409601_165516754_n.jpg

Going long, I really need to learn to ride long ones preperly :eek: I for some reason feel the need to sit up mid air and just slip my reins :confused:
208835_10150936312514601_1245570191_n.jpg

Blury but how much space?
282926_10150936312614601_1014185259_n.jpg

Trying to look respectable at least once in the evening
306955_10150936312699601_1438641624_n.jpg

168817_10150936312889601_1684977034_n.jpg

Thursday we were out again for pc dressage training an he was much better than last time I'm pleased to report after we both had a boot camp session on tuesday with my instructor. I dont think theres any photos but I will have a look.

Well done if you got that far :cool::)

Kokopelli

Visit site
Nope you're all wrong, it's awful!

That is why I declare you must give him to me :D

Joking aside (I know I say this every time I see your threads) but you two look amazing together, you've come on SO far since last year he really is a credit to you.

JFTDWS

Visit site
he looks great, love his "want hug now" stop and his "PC too easy" game of over jumping. The course does look very spooky, btw!

I sit up randomly over fences too :eek:

Holidays_are_coming

Visit site
Lovely to have seen you and yellow pony!!! He is just soooo cute, I want him, you were really good that course was causing carnage in the novice!! Unfortunately we are on clay soil down here so all this rain makes a mess!!

nikkimariet

Visit site
When he's not saying no he is giving those jumps some serious air!!!

Well done :)

P.S. I am more convinced than ever that Keysoe is a cursed venue!!

whorls

Visit site
He reminds me so much of my old pony - he was also a YP that liked to say no! :rolleyes:

Love him, and you both look really good together. Well done!

dafthoss

Visit site
Well done, the pony says no pic made me giggle.

Yep he does that from time to time, not very often now thankfully but he sure has made me stickier from doing so :cool:

Nope you're all wrong, it's awful!

That is why I declare you must give him to me :D

Joking aside (I know I say this every time I see your threads) but you two look amazing together, you've come on SO far since last year he really is a credit to you.

he looks great, love his "want hug now" stop and his "PC too easy" game of over jumping. The course does look very spooky, btw!

I sit up randomly over fences too :eek:

I think I have some strange irrational vision of him face planting on landing so I try stay back but I'm not sure why :confused: having watched the videos of him going long several times I take off with him but just dont fold in the air like I would on a short one. But then again it did save us at fenning when he did face plant through a jump :eek:.

Lovely to have seen you and yellow pony!!! He is just soooo cute, I want him, you were really good that course was causing carnage in the novice!! Unfortunately we are on clay soil down here so all this rain makes a mess!!

Was great to meet you, hopefully next time you will have a back on form pops with you. I think you have had far more rain than we have, we seem to have missed most of it.

I really love how positive you always are, and how your pony is becoming more and more consistent with every outing! :)

I take all small positives with him other wise he would be the most infuriating beast ever. But trust me we do have our bad days when he pushes all my buttons and we end up in a stand off :mad:.

When he's not saying no he is giving those jumps some serious air!!!

Well done :)

P.S. I am more convinced than ever that Keysoe is a cursed venue!!

He was! some one I know got some pro photo and her 16.3 chunky monkey was making the fences look huge, YP was making them look tiny in all of them :rolleyes:. Did you jump figgy this week end?

He is better in the out door though just goes really green on me in the indoor for some reason :confused:.

He reminds me so much of my old pony - he was also a YP that liked to say no! :rolleyes:

Love him, and you both look really good together. Well done!

They like to keep you on your toes do these YP's. I'm being a little unfair on him really he doesnt stop on me very often now and when he does its normally genuine I need another look now rather than I dont want to (altough not in the first photo from pc that was just naughtyness :cool:).

dafthoss

Visit site
As others have said you look very good together & he has such a nice pop on him Well done :D

Thank you :) he is my pingy pony :D

Great post:) You two look like such a good team, and it looks as though there is never a dull moment:)

Thanks, nope no dull moments with YP around, if he thinks things are a little dull he makes sure he livens it up a bit :cool:.

No :( Had no one to help and didn't fancy it on my own, just in case!! Competing this weekend coming, then have a weekend off after so will try again then!

:(:mad::( thats rubish! But Ill let you off with a valid excuse as its your first time and what not ;) I will be looking out for figgy jumping reports soon then :D

BeckyD

Visit site
Hehe yellow ponies rule! Well done at Keysoe - yours goes backwards-thinking in that ring, mine turns into a panicky traumatised galloping flat-out at everything then stopping dead whirling dervish.

Sounds like a good day out anyway!

Glad the flatwork has resumed normal service :D

redmone

Visit site
YEY!!!!!!! I FOUND THIS THREAD!!

Just spent my lunchhour looking for it! I'm pants!! :eek:

Absolutely lovely pics - Yellow Pony is the BEST!!!!!!

Will show to mini RM later, so she knows shes not the only one to decide to have a pony cuddle half way round the course! :rolleyes:

Well done!!!

:D:D:D

dafthoss

Visit site
Hehe yellow ponies rule! Well done at Keysoe - yours goes backwards-thinking in that ring, mine turns into a panicky traumatised galloping flat-out at everything then stopping dead whirling dervish.

Sounds like a good day out anyway!

Glad the flatwork has resumed normal service :D

Yellow ponies do indeed rule :D Keysoe seems to make them all go a bit funny :confused: but I'll swap you for your forwardsness?

Flat work has had a boot camp thankfully so we should be back on form soon.

Love the YP :) I too used to have one, with a very similar character too, but with a little bit of Old Lady Grumpiness thrown in for good measure occasionally :rolleyes:

Thanks :) Every one needs a yellow pony to keep them on their toes :cool:

I'm loving the little "pop" he does over the fences in the vid. Made me giggle! :)

Ha he sure can pop when he wants to :cool::D

YEY!!!!!!! I FOUND THIS THREAD!!

Just spent my lunchhour looking for it! I'm pants!! :eek:

Absolutely lovely pics - Yellow Pony is the BEST!!!!!!

Will show to mini RM later, so she knows shes not the only one to decide to have a pony cuddle half way round the course! :rolleyes:

Well done!!!

:D:D:D

Well done :D

All the best ponies are not simple :rolleyes: and I want a miniRM report from her rc teams :D