Views on Ifor Williams eventa vs Equi trek star Treka

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Do a search on here, as this query has come up a few times before :).

My answer is neither, I'm afraid. I wouldn't buy any Equitrek of any description due to their shocking build quality (again, do a search). The Eventa is better screwed together but is very tight for horse space partly due to the intruding tack lockers. You work out how to load a horse in and turn it round for travel, I wouldn't even try...

HEJDRpE.jpg

HeyMich

Visit site
Equitreks are the marmite of the horse trailer world! If people have them, then they absolutely love them. Unfortunately if they don't, they absolutely don't!

I have just bought one (a space treka, so much smaller than the star treka) and am really pleased so far. It's easy to use and very well designed.

Can you find a local dealer that stocks both? Maybe go and eyeball them and compare.

Let us know what you choose!

redheadkelj

Visit site
Do a search on here, as this query has come up a few times before :).

My answer is neither, I'm afraid. I wouldn't buy any Equitrek of any description due to their shocking build quality (again, do a search). The Eventa is better screwed together but is very tight for horse space partly due to the intruding tack lockers. You work out how to load a horse in and turn it round for travel, I wouldn't even try...

HEJDRpE.jpg

You don't have to have the tack lockers. The one pictured is the M. Model. The L only has them as an option and I'm pretty sure you don't have to have them in the M if you don't want them.

Alibear

Visit site
Have a look at both and your budget may make your decisions for you as I believe the Ifor is quite a bit more expensive? I have one friend with the Ifor and she loves it, she moved to it from a 7.5 tonne lorry and gets on really well with it. I've personally just bough a 2nd hand show treka , here's hoping I love it , everything seems good so far. I really think your best bet is to go look at some in person as they seem to be really marmite things!