Vijay Intro

Vijay

New User
Visit site
Hello,
I am Vijay, taken up Horse riding a few months back, can't think of anything else other than Horses right now 🙂.
My aspiration is to just getting good at horse riding, better at my ability to communicate with Horses.
It's so exhilarating and i feel younger when i am amongst horses.
Any advice on how to continue this journey is most welsome

Vijay

Reacher

Visit site
Welcome Vijay and welcome to your journey with horses.
There are some facinating books about horse behaviour you might find interesting like books by Mark Rachid

Vijay

New User
Visit site
Thank you Mark for your warm Welcome.
Kindly suggest some of your favorite books that I should read. Hope they are available on kindle unlimited.🙂

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Vijay welcome. What country are you in, we have people from all over the world on the forum and things vary wildly. Mark Rachid is the name of the author of the books you were recommended, not the name of the poster who recommended it. I would recommend Ride with your Mind by Mary Wanless. I would also recommend you to stay away from "internet influencers" and only follow people with a good record of acting as coaches to successful riders.

teacups

Visit site
What a lovely intro. Welcome to this forum - there are people here with years and years (and some!) experience, and there are people who have only just started to learn how to ride or care for horses. I think the main thing would be to just enjoy it :)

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Hello, welcome.

What made you decide to take up riding?

Vijay said "My aspiration is to just getting good at horse riding, better at my ability to communicate with Horses".
I'm not sure if you mean when riding or generally?

Books?- errmmm, yeah, I tend to benefit more from one-to-one but what about Emma Massingale.

So many though, the world is your oyster really. Keep us updated on your journey. :)

Reacher

Visit site
Vijay welcome. What country are you in, we have people from all over the world on the forum and things vary wildly. Mark Rachid is the name of the author of the books you were recommended, not the name of the poster who recommended it. I would recommend Ride with your Mind by Mary Wanless. I would also recommend you to stay away from "internet influencers" and only follow people with a good record of acting as coaches to successful riders.
How do you know I’m not Mark Rashid under a pseudonym? 😂

Vijay - this is one of Mark Rashid’s books

Last edited:

Vijay

New User
Visit site
🤣🤣..
Thanks everyone for such warm Welcome.. and suggestion on the books to read..

I live in Kent, UK and currently going to group classes in Nelson and next week perhaps to Wingham.
Riding is at the center of all my travel/ holidays. I recently travelled to Bangalore India (where i come from). I can't tell you how much i enjoyed my time with the Horses I never knew this world existed all these years 🙂.

Vijay

New User
Visit site
Hello, welcome.

What made you decide to take up riding?

Vijay said "My aspiration is to just getting good at horse riding, better at my ability to communicate with Horses".
I'm not sure if you mean when riding or generally?

Books?- errmmm, yeah, I tend to benefit more from one-to-one but what about Emma Massingale.

So many though, the world is your oyster really. Keep us updated on your journey. :)
I always had a fascination for the beautiful and gentle Horses, movies like black beauty etc but the trigger must be Poldark, that I concluded watching a few month ago 🙂🙃.
I too prefer one on one aswell but currently I am Throwing myself at everything to catch up..
I going to my first Jumping class today (this is my 2 nd month into Riding)

Goldie's mum

Visit site
I always had a fascination for the beautiful and gentle Horses, movies like black beauty etc but the trigger must be Poldark, that I concluded watching a few month ago 🙂🙃.
I too prefer one on one aswell but currently I am Throwing myself at everything to catch up..
I going to my first Jumping class today (this is my 2 nd month into Riding)
Sounds like you are getting along well. Do you have a lesson every week?