Vinnie's first jumping report with some photos and vids

millitiger

Visit site
First time Vinnie has left the ground at home with me and second time he has left the ground with me ever (yes, I did things backwards and first jumped him away from home at a lesson ;))

I have been working on keeping him softer with leg rather than hand, trying to resist my huge urge to block and hold him, otherwise he tightens up and fights the hand.

Also been working over poles to try and keep the relaxation and to make sure I turn with my outside leg and not my naughty inside hand- also allows me to work on his ridability to a 'fence' and work on getting my rusty eye back in without jumping him into the ground.

Only did poles to a little fence but was super pleased with how relaxed he stayed, even if we got there on a duff stride, he kept coming the next time and feels more and more 'amateur friendly.'

So few vids and pics below- feel free to CC :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmAwy2mIhHY&list=UUcBTJdTpY53T7YXmu_NSBpA&index=2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ySQfscY4M&list=UUcBTJdTpY53T7YXmu_NSBpA&index=1&feature=plcp

248144_10151211295214152_1376492033_n.jpg

Saying something to mum!
537538_10151211295354152_150648851_n.jpg

575140_10151211295754152_808382635_n.jpg

601570_10151211295859152_353050876_n.jpg

millitiger

Visit site
Well done - he looks lovely!

T x

He's coming along really nicely :)

thanks both :)

Wow he IS a smart horse! What breed is he? Lovely, sure you will have tons of fun with him :)

He is 3/4 tb and 1/4 id but takes after the tb much more apart from his breezeblock head :)
He's by Primitive Proposal and out of a Criminal Law x Gort Boy mare.

He is really smart and I am just about getting to grips with feeling like he is far too good for me and being held back by me and actually enjoying riding him instead of worrying about what people think! :rolleyes:

What a super horse - very exciting for the future :D

I think he is super too :) It's been ages since I had a horse that makes me grin every time I sit on him :D

millitiger

Visit site

millitiger

Visit site
looking very nice :D what are your plans for him this year?

No concrete plans really, just taking him at his pace but trying to keep him progressing too :)
He went xc last week and did ditches, steps, step into water etc, just working on keeping his confidence up as he is quite sensitive but the 'softly, softly' approach seems to be working.
Would like to be out eventing at the end of summer but that is a pencil plan not a penned in one!

Wow - super sexy boy! :)

Thank you, I think he is the best thing since sliced bread :)

millitiger

Visit site
I love Vinnie. Are you going to show him do you think?

Not really into showing tbh... :eek:
I'm a bit of a boy when it comes to turnout and not sure my plaiting skills are up to intense scrutiny!

Also not sure what class he would be suitable for as he is 18hh but I'm not sure he is heavy enough to be a hunter?