Vintage breeches

Ant123

Visit site
Does anyone still wear what are referred to as vintage breeches? I love the look of baggy breeches but haBe no idea where to buy them and just wondered why they are not worn anymore.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
I had a pair of wool ones.. They were hot, itchy and didn't stretch.
There was a phase of new baggy ones in the 80s/ 90s made of modern materials that were much better.

Skib

sites.google.com
I just googled traditional jodhpurs uk buy and some came up on ebay. Admittedly for men but if you hunt a bit? We wore these when I was a girl. The fabric was like twill and not elastic.
The jodhpur shape imitated baggy pants previously bound below the knee with gaiters. Once elasticated fabrics came in, the extra fabric at hip level was not needed.
I have a pic of my grandfather wearing breeches will fullness above the knee, like jods.DSCN0525.JPG

Ant123

Visit site
Fabulous photo- I think they look so elegant. I’m surprised they haven’t been modernised as they are far more attractive than the skin tight ones.

palo1

Visit site
I have tried a new pair of elephant ear breeches in a heavy twill but tbh there was too much fabric and they did seem terrifically heavy. Instead I wear a pair of argentine bombachas in cotton twill which are blissfully full through the knee but not heavy. :)

spacefaer

Visit site
Loads of people round here wear them - there's definitely a fashion for them. They're warm, waterproof and don't need washing every time you wear them - what's not to like!
They look better with traditionally cut hunt coats and boots though!

Try the Hunting Shop, the Hunt Room and Hawk and Hound for vintage ones
The mid range sizes sell very quickly though - there are some fabulous bargains to be had with some original bespoke makers such as Bernard Weatherill, Frank Hall, Birrs etc if you have a 26" waist or less - women were so tiny back in the day!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Mark Todd Auckland breeches are fab, very retro but great material.

Quigleyandme

Visit site
The Harry Hall London Collection (hunting shop) has some seriously pricey but lovely traditional breeches as do the Hunting Stock Market. Less expensive but still quite expensive off the peg ladies breeches are available from Alexander James in Manchester, Oliver Brown in London and Bestboots in Dorset.