Vit/min supplement or balancer?

Summit

Visit site
My 20 year old TB is looking really well and only in light hacking 3/4 times a week. He’s still having two small feeds a day, 24/7 turnout....grazing not so good at the moment so hay is available for him, but as he’s not getting his full quota of hard feed, should I use something like Spillers lite balancer or equimins multi vitamin powder?

Leo Walker

Visit site
what do you want vitamin C for? Equimins is by far and away a much better spec than equine answers. I cant actually find the spec to do a comparison but the ridiculous and misleading advert tells me everything I need to know!

Leo Walker

Visit site
Found the spec finally! Its got added iron which is an absolute no go, the ratio of copper and zinc is wrong, and thats as far as I need to go with a comparison! :)

Leo Walker

Visit site
ah looks like they changed it. I really, really struggled to find the specifications for it. They keep it hidden for some reason, probably because its not great, although this version is better. The copper and zinc ratios are still well out, although the way they list it makes it hard to do a direct comparison. You are looking for a copper zinc ratio of 1:3. For me having that correct is one of the most important things and makes such a big difference to mine.