Vitamunch by equilibrium

baby_dudley

Visit site
I bought a couple of these for my pony as the weather now back to soggy and damp are coming in again for longer periods of time and thought these might keep her entertained.
The first one was gone overnight, so put the second one in a week later thinking maybe it's a one off but this was gone in a few hours. I was expecting them to last a few days. How quick has anyone else's got through these? I'm intrigued!

Darkwater

Visit site
I've not tried the Equilibrium ones but i've fed other hay bricks before and i'm fairly sure they are only designed to last a short time, the only time i've ever known them last longer is with horses that don't particularly like them!

WelshD

Visit site
I didn't think they were worth the cost, they look no more chunky or robust than your average hay block

I did buy the tiny Vitamunch net though and put normal hay blocks in it - that has been a success

L&M

Visit site
I use them as a travelling distraction for my youngster and have worked really well - he loves them and make less mess than a normal net.

His usually last a couple of hours, and although they are expensive for what they are, I only have big bale haylage so saves me having to source hay just for for travelling over the summer mnths.

Spoiled cob

Visit site
I bought one the other day and put it in a small holed Haynet, it lasted about 2 days. Have ordered 10 more and they come with some of the proper nets. I expect they will speed up! My boy gets stressed if he doesn't have a constant source of food so it takes the pressure off as when he had that as back up he was calmer.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I buy them as a treat (which is irregular!). I give one of these between two ponies instead of their feed that day, having soaked it overnight, first (they get the soup, too). It takes them a while to get through it when soaked - definitely over an hour. They seem to savour the flavours. I certainly wouldn't expect one to last overnight or longer, though.

baby_dudley

Visit site
Ah thanks for all your replies!!! I was beginning to think I'm doing something wrong! Yes definitely an occasional treat then :)