Wagon insured for any driver…but read the small print!

teach

Visit site
I have my 7.5t lorry insured with Anthony Evans, with the ‘any driver over 25’ clause.
I emailed them this week, to check if I needed to notify them that my husband was going to be driving it on L plates under my supervision. (I have class 2 license).
They said as long as he has the C provisional entitlement then he is fine, but was I aware that any driver who has had an accident (fault or no fault) must be named on the policy to be insured to drive it!

I didn’t know this, and I’m sure many others don’t. Previously I have just checked that anyone asking to borrow has the correct license!

Guess that’s less people that will be borrowing it from now on!

Squeak

Visit site
I have my 7.5t lorry insured with Anthony Evans, with the ‘any driver over 25’ clause.
I emailed them this week, to check if I needed to notify them that my husband was going to be driving it on L plates under my supervision. (I have class 2 license).
They said as long as he has the C provisional entitlement then he is fine, but was I aware that any driver who has had an accident (fault or no fault) must be named on the policy to be insured to drive it!

I didn’t know this, and I’m sure many others don’t. Previously I have just checked that anyone asking to borrow has the correct license!

Guess that’s less people that will be borrowing it from now on!

I didn't know that but I've never lent mine so never had to think about it if that makes sense. If I do I will check, thanks for the heads up as it would be very easy to think that you'd be covered.

tda

Visit site
They did tell me when I took out my policy that the any driver over 25 only related to a clean licence and any different had to be noted on the policy

teach

Visit site
Isn’t that how all vehicle insurance works?
The wagon policy I have I selected any driver with the correct license over 25 years. My own fault, I know, but I didn’t read the small print which also adds, that a driver needs naming on the policy if they have had an accident in the last 5 years.
I naively thought that any driver over. 25 meant any driver..

teach

Visit site
Oh thats worrying. Mine is an any driver over 25 with no accidents or points in the last 3 years, it doesnt say they have to be named, otherwise what is the point of any driver
They only have to be named on mine if they have had an accident in the last 5 years.
Guess this is going to make saying no to people who ask to borrow it as a one off..as some will have had an accident (remember any fault) in last 5 year!

teach

Visit site
I didn't know that but I've never lent mine so never had to think about it if that makes sense. If I do I will check, thanks for the heads up as it would be very easy to think that you'd be covered.
I only lend mine for things like vet visits, not for people to make a habit out of..but guess will be doing a lot less now!