Wahay!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Evie got her KC Good citizen silver award tonight
smile.gif
She was supposed to do it at the beginning of April but the little darling came into season the day before. So dog warden came back to training club to test us tonight, she was the only one doing it and had to do her recall etc whilst all the others were going heelwork the other end of the hall,
crazy.gif
but she was a very good girl and did everything right. She got it just before her birthday as she is one next Wednesday.
smile.gif

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Well if Evie can do it I am sure Bear can. Just a slightly more advanced version of bronze really. The dog has to greet people calmly, be examined as if by vet, eg. check teeth, paws, ears etc, recall from about 10 paces, recall with distraction (past other dogs and the dog warden walks across her path), get in and out of the car calmly, play with a toy and stop when told, walk on public highway under control (stop at kerb , wait), and walk past food in a bowl on the ground and also someone sitting in a chair eating. And then more of the questions on responsibility and care, which I blagged my way through cos I went blank. Oh and a 2 minute down stay, which seemed forever because the roof of the building we were in was leaking and the water was dripping into a bucket . It was like chinese water torture, and I could see Evie listening to it and wondering whether to investigate the noise
smile.gif