Waiting for the vet

Jo C

Visit site
Well I am back to my usual pastime of waiting for the vet!
frown.gif
I got to the yard tonight and Patrick has terrible conjunctivitis his eyelid is all swollen and he can barely see out of either eye. Please could we have some get well vibes.

Jo C

Visit site
Thank you Measles and The Carthorse, he really is not a happy chap at the moment. I am not looking forward to the fight we are going to have when the vet wants to look in his eyes either.
crazy.gif

Jo C

Visit site
Thank you everyone, the vet has been and thinks it may be an allergic reaction to something, only Patrick can do that! She has given him an anti inflammatory injection, danilon and some steroid eye drops so hopefully that should clear it up. The best thing for it apparently is a huge IV injection of steroid but we just can't do that with P. He did object hugely to the light shining in his eyes by rearing up as usual but that is just his way of dealing with vets I think. She also said he has a cataract in one eye but there is nothing we can do about that and it isn't affecting him at present. Thank you for all your vibes, please keep them coming. It is horrible to see your horse so uncomfortable.
Bubblegum - huge vibes coming your way also.

Jo C

Visit site
I haven't seen him this morning but I am reliably informed that he is a little better but still very gunky and sore.

Stoxx

Visit site
Poor boy, he's a very sensitive soul isn't he.

Do you think he'll be ok to go to BF at the wknd? I've just got a late entry in! (Only the prelim though
blush.gif
our first time out in 11 months!)

Jo C

Visit site
I hope he will be ok for BF but I'll have to wait and see, the vet said he is ok to ride but I feel very mean putting a bridle on when his eyes are so red, swollen and sore and I can't imagine he will feel much like working properly either.