Waiting for the vet :'(

Love

Visit site
Why does it always happen when you're away?!

Currently in Birmingham for the night staying with family after a day at badminton, kenny is back in York. Just had a call from yard owner saying she's had to call the vet out to him :( not really sure what's wrong with him, but she went down for the night check and isnt hapy with him at all. Hes been really down in himself, kicking seven bells out the walls and just not right.

No point to this post just feeling incredibly useless with nothing else to do and 2 hours away from him :'(

Pebbles

Visit site
Oh dear, feel your pain, having just gone through colic surgery with my precious mare, dread that kind of call. Good luck, sending vibes for a good outcome x

Queenbee

Visit site
I really feel for you, having a poorly horse is never good and being so far away only adds to the worry. Sounds like you have a really vigilant yo though thank god, fingers crossed for you

Tiffany

Visit site
Always worrying when they aren't well but even worse when you are away because your imagination runs wild. Fingers crossed nothing serious

Love

Visit site
Vets been, he had a really noisy gut. Given him bute and buscopan and true to form he was a sod to treat :rolleyes: nothing else untoward going on. Think due to him not being able to be ridden with his lavage in and having to stay in with the only exercise I can do is lunge in a head collar, it's just not suiting him. So YO is going to talk to vet and see if we can get a bridle on him somehow without interfering with the tube, larger browband or something. Have got a lightweight rug with a neck that will stop it catching so he can go out.

Thank you so much for all the messages it really really helped! Can't wait to get home Tomo and give him big hugs (which he'll hate but tough!)

YO has once again been fantastic when I've not been there and there's been a problem, she's amazing cannot thank her enough.

Queenbee

Visit site
Vets been, he had a really noisy gut. Given him bute and buscopan and true to form he was a sod to treat :rolleyes: nothing else untoward going on. Think due to him not being able to be ridden with his lavage in and having to stay in with the only exercise I can do is lunge in a head collar, it's just not suiting him. So YO is going to talk to vet and see if we can get a bridle on him somehow without interfering with the tube, larger browband or something. Have got a lightweight rug with a neck that will stop it catching so he can go out.

Thank you so much for all the messages it really really helped! Can't wait to get home Tomo and give him big hugs (which he'll hate but tough!)

YO has once again been fantastic when I've not been there and there's been a problem, she's amazing cannot thank her enough.

How would he be to ride in a parelli type halter....just a little pootle... Or would he be a nutter?:D

Glad it doesn't sound too serious, hope he's better by the morning x

Marydoll

Visit site
Just saw this, glad hes been seen and given treatment, hope he settles down now. Its rotten when youre not there, but good when youve a yo who's quick of the mark like this one if theyre not sure whats up