Wales & West Showground

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Not the best! Was a couple of years ago stables are wooden and a bit worn, loos are adequate as are showers but not the smartest and a reasonable way from the lorry park. Can also be very noisy at night!

little_pink_piggies

Visit site
Echo everything S_J said! Stables are also small! The main arena is lovelllly, but other warm ups and arenas known for not having the best ground...

Eira

Visit site
I have some photo's of the stables .. I shall go hunt for them now ...

TBH its not the best but its adequate . Sol is a big (enough) horse and she was comfortable in the stables .

Again loo's/showers are ok , not the best but by far not the worst !

Elle1085

Visit site
I quite like it there, some of the stables are a bit dodgy but i wouldn't say they're any smaller than other places apart from super posh ones like at the hand. its quite a nice atmosphere there plus they have a sweet stand :)

jess_asterix

Visit site
Stables are fine as long as you don't get one right by a tap. Not overly huge but no away shows have huge stables! Showers and toilets are fine, only 3 showers though so it can get quite busy. Hook up is also usually quite good, never really have many problems with it. TV signal is always crap though!!

Main arena is lovely and all the grass arenas are really well managed. Warm ups get a bit deep but in general are good! Staff are always really friendly and helpful.

Food is good and service is good
laugh.gif

I love the place, just can't afford to go to every show there as we usually end up with a bill over £700
frown.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
The permanent stables are bigger than the normal temporary stables you get at shows, especially if you get a beeze block one.

The arenas are all nice, unless you get to go over the bridge, they never used to water The Wentworth or Celtic Rings - not sure if they do now. The warm ups weren't the best.

I was reading the schedule today and the membership has really gone down. If you joined for the August show it is only £10 for the rest of the year - used to be about £50. They also have £100 1st prize in 70cm and 80cm classes
shocked.gif

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
DD we have been reading the same schedule, was considering taking two for the August show, also noticed that there is 10% off entry and stabling if booked by 31st July. That makes it £90 per horse for five classes and stabling. Pretty good value for money in my book!

dieseldog

Visit site
I used to go there a lot and always enjoyed it. The petplan arena is lovely, make sure your horse don't mind the scariest poly jump fillers you can find ;p

The local chinese will also deliver to the show and it is really nice.

I'll probably see there, especially as I thought it clashed with Dorset but that is the week after.

Elle1085

Visit site
is that the amateur show you're going to in august? i was hoping to take my two to that aswell looks like a good weekend

lauzbeefy

Visit site
how do i find out what show you are taking about??
i am dumb hehe
its just ive been to the unaffiliated weekend showjumping events here and have absolutely LOVED them.
would like to know which show you are talking about... cheers

Ladyfresha1

Visit site
I haven't been for ages! Mind you, Scope was always my favourite show rather than wales. Four 17 year olds left alone in a lorry all week, party party drinking til the wee hours. Now THAT was a great show!

jess_asterix

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If you take Ulrich you know I will steal him LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't be taking Ulrich he doesn't do grass lol and isn't quite right at the moment and will probably be getting loss of use on him as he isn't holding up to the jumping
frown.gif
frown.gif

So i have a sexy dressage horse and mom has a new hack
smile.gif

huskimo12

Visit site
We are local to show so use it alot for schooling as well as competing. The human facitilites are ok but permanent stabling isnt the best they do have temporary up at the moment (we were there today) and i am fairly sure they leave it up for most of the summer these are a bit better but small. The main arena is water controlled so is always pretty good. The warm ups have been revamped but they arent brilliant.

It is normally really busy up there and shows are well supported the general vibe up there for their shows is usually pretty good too
smile.gif

Weezy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I won't be taking Ulrich he doesn't do grass lol and isn't quite right at the moment and will probably be getting loss of use on him as he isn't holding up to the jumping
frown.gif
frown.gif

So i have a sexy dressage horse and mom has a new hack
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh chicken I am really sorry to hear this
frown.gif
Still, if he dressages and hacks then woohoo!