"Walkies!" (For cats)

Ratface

Visit site
In my efforts to reduce the required levels of service that Madam Carrie Cat constantly requires (currently demanding a cupboard next to the bunk be opened every hour when the contents (lightweight fleeces and jodhpurs) have not changed in the time she's been here, which is ten months, I found myself saying "Dreamies!" in exactly the same tone as Mrs. Woodhouse used when coralling her dogs for an outing. I didn't bother saying "Sittt!" as she did.
Cat gave me a triumphant side eye, scoffed the Dreamies, hopped onto the bunk and is now giving seagulls the evil eye!
Cats Rule.

Ratface

Visit site
Hooligan Cat has been sitting on the windowsill whilst I decorate the second bedroom. Almighty clunk, cat bounced off the window and fell off onto to the carpet, where he sat for a couple of minutes shaking his head. Assume a low flying sparrow caused him to pounce....
Madam Cat says "How tiresome, H. I can send you some advice to ensure that your Cat Slave is better able to read your mind. No charge. Us Rulers of The Cat Universe must stick together.
First tip: prevent her going upstairs.
Second tip: yooowl and point out that you're "Staaarved" as many times as necessary. This will ensure that you can get lots of extra food. Dreamies can be acceptable if you have concerns about becoming a little too voluptuous.
Kind regards,
Madam Carrie Cat.

Henry30

New User
Visit site
In my efforts to reduce the required levels of service that Madam Carrie Cat constantly requires (currently demanding a cupboard next to the bunk be opened every hour when the contents (lightweight fleeces and jodhpurs) have not changed in the time she's been here, which is ten months, I found myself saying "Dreamies!" in exactly the same tone as Mrs. Woodhouse used when coralling her dogs for an outing. I didn't bother saying "Sittt!" as she did.
Cat gave me a triumphant side eye, scoffed the Dreamies, hopped onto the bunk and is now giving seagulls the evil eye!
Cats Rule.
I always said that the cats rule as long as we let them, but lately my cat has done somethings that I might feel like we cannot control them anymore 😂

Cloball

Visit site
Eldest was late to school one morning (nothing usual) but for once he had a good reason. Black cat had followed him and was about to cross the busy road too. He had to pick him up and return home with cat so he was safe.
We have to sneak out if we go for a long walk as he follows until he gets so tired he has to be carried home

daffy44

Visit site
I also thought you meant a different kind of walkies, my cat often comes on a walk with me and the dog, but her big loves are the horses. She comes with to turn out, bring in, watches schooling, does trot poles, and loves to join us hacking at home. For proper hacks I have to make sure shes shut in to protect her from coming too far etc.

Attachments

• Pansy poppy hack drive.jpg
    Pansy poppy hack drive.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 9

poiuytrewq

Visit site
We have to sneak out if we go for a long walk as he follows until he gets so tired he has to be carried home
I’ve taken to running away from home! If we run the cat gives up and sits down. If we walk and he follows we then have to wait the whole way round for him to keep up, this also involves stopping for a wash/ roll around etc

poiuytrewq

Visit site
@poiuytrewq we did jog up the road to the pub last week. M is quite determined to keep up, we accidentally took him quite far once and he was knackered when we got back.
I’ve had to sit on the floor to get ours to rest in hotter weather a few times. I didn’t know that cats pant like dogs and really thought he was dying once.
I’ve also had to sit out a rain shower (very heavy, got drenched!) because he hid in a bush and wouldn’t run for home.
If I loose him out walking he won’t find his own way home he will wait. Myself and Mr P
Had to retrace a dog walk I’d done last year in the dark at about 11pm.
We found him, he’d sat and waited about 5 hours 🤦‍♀️