Want to guess the breed mix of FL's new kitten?

Shady

Visit site
Gah FL, I was just about to write yesterday that there was almost definitely something shorthaired and blue on one side, and I lost my connection!
Pleased to see I was right about that , but I was still pondering on the long haired side and I didn't consider Birman at all to be somewhere in the mix
She is absolutely gorgeous and will be a truly beautiful cat full grown . She has my favourite mix of colours!
Wishing you years of fun and happiness together. I'm sure she'll be fully part of your little gang very soon. xx

P3LH

Visit site
Okay, time for the reveal, 3 people have mentioned 2 of the breeds involved, @julesjoy , @P3LH , and @splashgirl45 .

Dad is purebred Ragdoll.
Mum is Russian Blue + Birman, looks almost like a purebred Russian Blue with emerald green eyes, but with a bit of longer, fuzzier hair on her body.
That's why the green eyes where a hint, according to what I've read, most Russian Blues have emerald green coloured eyes (and they don't get their adult eye colour until 4-6 months old).

As a mix breed it's of course a bit more difficult to guess her adult size @Surbie , but I don't think she's going to get that big.

Please send Essy's most kindest regards to Carrie Cat @Ratface for offering to share info on how to turn humans into slaves, but it lives a big monster with fur in a lion cut called Blomma in this home, and I'm at the moment fully occupied with trying to figure out if she eats kittens or not.

Anyhow, here's a picture of Essy sitting in Blomma's food bowl (probably trying to check what it is Blomma actually eats), for anyone who comes back to this thread to find out the answer to her mix of breeds.

VdG00jeA_o.jpg
She has the Birman face, looks just like ours did at that age - she’s solid, well tabby, to bring in the silver gene (apparently!)

Ratface

Visit site
Hello Dhaaaarlings! Madam Chubby Chatty Carrie Catty here! Sooo sizeist, but that's humans for you. Nobody would have called the wonderful, sadly late, Madame Montserrat Caballe "fat" would they?? Nooo. I've been very busy closely supervising Cat Slave. She's such a difficult person and doesn't seem sufficiently grateful for the attention. She's been in her basket far too much for my liking. I've got her trained to produce First Breakfast at 0430hrs. One brief squeak and She's there. Excellent. Cleans the sand tray, refills as necessary and doesn't bother me with grooming. After all that activity, I take a looong rest. Slave does my washing up, pours my fresh plain mineral water and returns to her basket. Second Breakfast is at 0800hrs. Now - the best trick I've taught her! I go into her basket room and Yooowl. Repeat x n. Loudly! Humans are a bit thick, I know, but Cat Slave is getting worse. Anyway - suddenly - she got it! She picked me up and put me on her fluffy floppy blanket! Yesss! Result!! Hah! I inspected the blanket, pulled it up against the edge of the basket, circled round a few times and flumpfed down. Great. Cat Slave brought me some of my favourite cat sweets, which I accepted. She wriggled into the bit of the basket that I had left for her, making sure that I didn't have to move my person, has tucked me in and is reading her moving-page book.
She used the moving-page book to update other Cat Slaves on the difficult nature of The Orange Clattering One's Slave, but I don't care. She's the one who sent me Cat Sweets and a Toy I Can't Be Bothered To Play With. I commanded Cat Slave to write her a Thank You card anyway. Manners Maketh Cat Slaves, Dhaaaarlings.
Laters. xxxxx