Wanted, any advice/ idea's please

rising_promise

Visit site
Where can I find a loan horse for my friend? She's looking for 14.2hh - 16.2hh, any age but a good jumper with competition experience preferably. Schooling not an issue as she's very good on the flat and would improve that soon enough.

We've been looking on Horsemart and Horsequest but nothing seems local enough to us and nobody seems to want to let their horse move yards.

Is it worth putting a 'wanted' ad on these sites or do you end up getting loads of e- mails with people trying to flog you totally unsuitable types?!

Thanks for any advice you can give
smile.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
The type of horse you're talking about doesn't get advertised, it goes by word of mouth.

I had an ad drafted for my horse which I don't think I'll ever need to use as word of mouth has done the trick - he has several offers of homes and it will come down to someone tryng him in a couple of weeks. That's for a strictly short term (6 month) loan too which I thought it'd be harder to come by. But the truth is decent jumping horses with comp experience just don't come up for loan often and the person trying my boy is happy with the fact it will only be for 6 months because she'll get good experience on a proven Novice eventer.

So tell everyone and anyone what you're looking for - vets, farriers, trainers, friends etc. The person trying my horse works for a professional whom I've had lessons with so I know he'll be looked after and monitored by someone top-notch whilst I'm away.

rising_promise

Visit site
Thanks, its true spottedcat, the good ones are all by word of mouth. We have put the word around in the local area, friends, riding clubs etc so I suppose its just about waiting for a nice one to come along.

We are in Kent by the way.

Thanks guys

Libbyn1982

Visit site
I put up wanted ads at local tack shops and show venues and had a really good response. I also loaned my pony out years ago from seeing a wanted ad before I had got round to making ads to advertise him. So prob a good idea.